Author Topic: How long should I wait for a plot ?  (Read 3081 times)

trogg

• Not So New ...
Re: How long should I wait for a plot ?
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2009, 11:06:35 »
Hi daileg, thanks for the welcome.

The theme I'm getting is, if you don't show your face often enough you pushed to the back of the queue.
I just thought they would contact you when you were top of the list  :-\

anyway, made a few phone calls, no answer at one site (although I know it has a long waiting list), one site has no vacancies (although showing some available on their web site) and the last one has over 40 plots available  :o  but has a long history of vandalism including damage to every greenhouse and polytunnel on site  :(

He also said that non of the plots were ready because the guys who are supposed to cut the grass on overgrown empty plots are refusing to do so,  ???

Still, beggars can't be choosers  :)  

Going to have a look now.
boing boing

trogg

• Not So New ...
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2009, 11:23:01 »
Might sound a bit thick here but can someone explain to me how a waiting list works in regards to years,ie,if you are told the waiting list is 4 years,how do they work it out?  :-\

My thread title ' How long should I wait for a plot' may look a daft question but I couldn't change it after I posted it .
I know it's one question that can't be answered.

It's all a bit of guesswork , if your 12th on a list and you have an average turnover of 4 a year, then you could expect to wait 3 years.
But, obviously not guaranteed. 
boing boing

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2009, 11:24:54 »
Hi Trogg, and welcome to A4A from me.
I'd consider taking 1 of the unpopular plots but keep your name on the waiting list for the 1 you really want. particularly if its going to be a couple of years before anything good comes up, that way you can make a start at growing your own, but I know others would think differently  ;D

Anyway good luck

trogg

• Not So New ...
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2009, 12:47:15 »
thankyou for the welcome 1066,

I've just got back from viewing the allotments with vacant plots, although in principle I can have a plot, until the grass has been cut, I can't.  :-\

Apparently when the contractors started to cut the grass one of the workmen got hit by a brick that was thrown up by the machinery and may possibly loose an eye.

So the council are having an inquest and nothing will be done till it's over.

However, one of the allotment holders is having trouble looking after their plot and has asked the council if it could be divided in half, so it's a possibility I might have one soon, got to phone them at the end of the week .

Was told it would be best not to have a greenhouse but if I did then not to have glass  :(, don't think there were any greenhouses on site.

So hopefully, my next thread will be 'What do I do now  :o'

:)
boing boing

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2009, 14:29:10 »
Well done - hopefully  :D

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2009, 16:48:58 »
Hi Trogg, I've been away so only just caught up with this thread, so welcome to the nut house, keep plugging away at the other plots, keep pestering without being a pest if that makes sense, good luck and by the way love the avatar.      ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal