Author Topic: fuming!!!!!  (Read 12330 times)

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
Re: fuming!!!!!
« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2009, 20:55:31 »
I thought that was thunder outside, no it can't be , it must be the sound of all them jaws hitting the floor.  :o       ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2009, 20:57:16 »
My jaw is not dropping.I expected it.the kids are in charge of the mad house now.

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2009, 21:03:00 »
and there's me about to embark on teacher training!! better watch my P's and Q's !! ;) ;D ;D ;D
You couldn't make it up!

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2009, 21:05:06 »
If you do not mind walking the tight rope Tony I am sure you will be fine :)

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #84 on: May 19, 2009, 21:26:28 »
i've spoke to head, apparently  said teacher was on his final warning and has been suspended pending an investigation.

So allegedly more than one questionable event, I still think you did the right thing :)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 21:29:09 by SamLouise »

carbonel11

• Half Acre
« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2009, 21:37:01 »
At one stage the powers that be were talking about recruiting ex army into schools to reinforce discipline. Fat lot of good that would be when so many just seem to enjoy taking pot shots at the teachers anyhow and no one backing them up. Disrupt lessons,prevent others from learning drive your teacher to a nervous breakdown then enlist parents in getting them suspended. Sad thing is even the perps lose out with noone setting boundaries for them.
         Convenient that the teacher was allegedly on a final warning.

coznbob

• Hectare
  • Hastings
« Reply #86 on: May 19, 2009, 21:46:06 »
Well done Simmo,

You talked to the head, and the school did what they saw fit to do.....

The rudeness and arrogance of the people who have seen fit to comment on in such a disgusting way on a subject that they are not involved in and do not have the full facts on, maybe has shown the way society has changed.

Teachers do have a hard job, no question about that, but I bet the teachers on here wouldn't call their pupils that in earshot, not if they had the modicom of proffessionalism.

Simmo you have done what any self repecting parent should do.... when there is a problem go to the school and address the issue with them.
Smile at your enemies.

It makes them wonder what you are up to.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #87 on: May 19, 2009, 21:58:43 »
Maybe some of the remarks were a bit OTTbut many tongue in cheek.

If the poster did not want it discussed then he should not have posted.

Why is he on a final warning?Did he say boo to a goose?

I support the teachers all the way.They deserve better than this.

In my circle of friends I know several teachers and some of the stories are an eye opener.Some have spent nearly a working lifetime in the profession and can not wait to get out.

cacran

• Hectare
« Reply #88 on: May 19, 2009, 22:01:28 »
Nothing wrong with addressing the issue in a calm way, without resorting to violence. If this teacher is on their last warning there is obviously a problem with their conduct, which I assume, will now be dealt with.

I think comments made on here were to try to point out that you should go to the school with an open mind, not to go to the school 'fuming'. Anger is dangerous for everyone concerned. I think the trouble is, when things happen on Friday and can't be dealt with straight away, you feel frustrated.

I am sure you must be feeling better about things now.

carbonel11

• Half Acre
« Reply #89 on: May 19, 2009, 22:08:54 »
I agree with Betula once the topic was posted on an open forum it became a legitimate issue for all to discuss. The only comments I found disgusting or offensive were the threats of violence.

mike77

• Half Acre
« Reply #90 on: May 19, 2009, 22:31:12 »
i think everyone has a right to voice their opinion on the subject but i for one don't know the boy neither do i know the teacher so what give's me or anyone else the right to draw conclusions about either????.
been watching this topic without answering and some of the childish remarks (on both sides might i add) are ridiculous and dare i say very hypocritical on certain peoples part.
i used to really enjoy a4a but a few posts and their responses lately are starting to make me wonder if i should just stick my inexperienced gardening brain back into a magazine to get my advice and yes i know i am in the shed and this is not a "gardening" topic but that doesn't give us all an excuse to climb on our soapbox and start slagging each other off because our outtake on life is different to other peoples.
right i'm off to try and find a friendly growing forum or am i searching for the holy grail?

carbonel11

• Half Acre
« Reply #91 on: May 19, 2009, 22:42:53 »
Mike77 you are IMHO searching for the holy grail. This one can at times be a bit outspoken and dare I say a bit anarchic in it's collection of individuals ( but I rather like that ) I find the other magazine one rather snippy at times and the other allotment one very preachy. However as always it is each to his or her own. Are things getting heated out of the chat area ?

sparklebug

• Not So New ...
« Reply #92 on: May 20, 2009, 07:39:14 »
Well done Simmo imo you did the right thing and hopefully it will now be resolved with both parties coming out of this okay (i'm sure none of us want the teacher sacked, just some more training on how to handle kids etc).

Yes forums can get heated at times but that is part of life and to be honest i've been on plenty of forums and this one has to be one of the nicest around.  I know that i've got heated on this debate but bullying at any level is something close to my heart and i will defend everyone's right to be spoken to with respect and dignity. When i close down at the end of the day i'm still on friendly terms with everyone and i hope others are the same  :)

xx
ps i'm sure some members are just a bit mean to get a response ;)

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #93 on: May 20, 2009, 08:21:48 »
We do all come from different backgrounds and we are all entitled to our own opinion. We really cannot expect everyone to feel the same as we do about certain situations. I think the problem is that sometimes as was said we get a bit overheated and try to force our opinion onto others.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

daxzen

• Half Acre
  • this is isaac he is my allotment troll
« Reply #94 on: May 20, 2009, 08:28:55 »
great

teacher loses job

we need more teachers!

we also need parents that take their responsibilities seriously and get a sense of proportion

misfit

• Half Acre
« Reply #95 on: May 20, 2009, 08:54:03 »
if hes top of his year etc why was he working his sums out loud, maybe it was to be annoying or cocky in front of his mates, maybe you could teach him to work his sums out quietly ? i was going to say the teacher could help him, but hes not there to help anyone now  ::) ::)

glow777

• Hectare
  • up in the hills in Buxton
« Reply #96 on: May 20, 2009, 08:57:19 »
I've been reading this thread with interest and in some ways trying not to laugh, at peoples remarks and mock horror.

The originator of the post shows how shocked he is at the teachers remarks but then calls another member a T**T for basically disagreeing with him. IMO if you dont want people to disagree with you keep it off the forum. In fact, and this is my opinion only, why is it on here in the first place - this is about gardening and allotments its a shame the longest thread for a while is about something completely unreleated.

No one, not even the originator should comment because there is one thing missing from this post and that is hard facts ie evidence

and as for the person that suggested suing for large sums of cash, now I know why the country is in such a state

oh well back to my weeding

bridgehouse

• Acre
« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2009, 09:22:34 »

I have a friend who was a  teacher for many years ,she was teaching forteen year olds, she retired early.
She said many of the children were rude ,and did not want to learn anything ,
Lose one fine teacher. who would  be a teacher today.

June.

Old bird

• Hectare
« Reply #98 on: May 20, 2009, 10:04:48 »
Well that is just a perfect outcome!

One teacher on paid suspension - however many children without one teacher missing out on their education - because one kid didn't like being called dickhead and went home to tell his daddy!

Bloody marvelous - should be proud of yourself Simmo!  Done the whole area and school and a load of kids a wonderful service!

Grow up - get a life - let your kids also grow up in a "normal" world! As has been said many times he will face a lot more worries than being called a "nasty name"!!!!!

Old Bird

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #99 on: May 20, 2009, 10:14:57 »
Me... having just left the profession on ill health, after 25 years service... the last 14 in a "challenging" school. I'd be right back in there, if I was well enough. I've been called lots worse, at least ten times a day and the little darlings rarely got so much as a telling off...  ???

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal