Author Topic: fuming!!!!!  (Read 12235 times)

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
Re: fuming!!!!!
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2009, 09:11:47 »
Out of interest, I asked my almost 16 yr old daughter what her reaction would be if a teacher of hers did the same to a boy in her class (she is in yr 11). She said she would be shocked, and that she thought the headteacher should be informed straightaway. She had a similar situation back in year 7 when a teacher made a insensitive comment about her weight in class (she was a bit porky at the time!), I took it up with the head who phoned me back straightaway, discussed it with the teacher the next day, and the teacher apologised to her in the next class. That was it, dealt with, she did not have any further problems with this teacher in following years.

She also she remembers an occasion last year when her whole class did a sharp intake of breath and was shocked into silence because a teacher said he was starting to get 'p*ssed off' at the class that was getting overloud. Interesting eh?
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2009, 16:38:39 »
simmo,
            you say that your son was working his sums out loud?, I thought all kids today at play school used a calculator, ;)

liefste

• Not So New ...
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2009, 17:27:26 »

I am totally and utterly stunned at what i just read.... "That a teacher of all people has used abusive language to a boy, i can't quiet believe it."..!!! God yes hasn't things changed. And for the worst.

The other day a group of kids were playing on a trampoline, so i made a friendly comment on whose it was and how lucky they are to have one of these. Then as i walked away I was called a four eyed freak.. (by the way i am a 37 year old ).I felt totally sick in my stomach.. I went to his mothers flat, as i thought she would be disappointed with her son, and guess where the boy gets it from " his mother". I got a load of effs and every other word under the son to get lost.. Charming..!!!  OH AND I DO HAVE A LIFE thank god i have my allotment, as I hate this new modern world, it is totally Alien to me now ::)

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2009, 17:55:21 »
It does amuse me when an outraged parent makes a post.

Have you ever stood at the bus stop with these kids?Have you ever been on the bus with these kids.All well dressed and round here from fairly so called middle class families.There behaviour is outrageous.Woe betide you if you tick them off for swearing ,spitting,throwing things,the list goes on.

None of us likes to think our little treasure could possibly misbehave .They do.Live with it and get real modern parents.I think you are lucky to have people prepared to teach these brats.

lightyears

• Quarter Acre
    • Holmesphotographic
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2009, 18:11:54 »
sorry but i had to laugh, every parent has a kid who is "top of the class" "top of the football team" its all bull. Go to the school without a opionion both ways. your kid might have lied, the school might have, a close investigation is needed on both sides. and i dont care if i insult the op, this is my opinion.

Melbourne12

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Harrow, Middx
    • Allotmenteering Blog
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2009, 18:33:13 »
well id just like to say thankx eristic for your lovely comments.
For crying out loud.

Get a life!

The little twerp is going to get called a lot worse than that before much longer, especially if he can't even add up.
Don't you think you're overreacting. Just maybe he is a dick[/b][/b]head.

It's this modern mamby pamby reaction that is dumbing down education. Sit the kid down and help him learn to do his sums properly and tell him to have more respect for the teacher.
how dare you.
you dont know my son! top of his year! house captain! football team captain!never had a detention!
just like you this teacher was out of order!
and if you think im over reacting see how you feel if i come and stick my pitch fork where the sun dont shine you insensitive TW*T!

I was going to suggest that you forget about it.

But there is an alternative.  Go to the staffroom at coffee time and hack all the teachers to death with a machete.  Then set fire to the building.  Finally, dust off and nuke the site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure.

lightyears

• Quarter Acre
    • Holmesphotographic
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2009, 18:34:36 »
well id just like to say thankx eristic for your lovely comments.
For crying out loud.

Get a life!

The little twerp is going to get called a lot worse than that before much longer, especially if he can't even add up.
Don't you think you're overreacting. Just maybe he is a dick[/b][/b]head.

It's this modern mamby pamby reaction that is dumbing down education. Sit the kid down and help him learn to do his sums properly and tell him to have more respect for the teacher.
how dare you.
you dont know my son! top of his year! house captain! football team captain!never had a detention!
just like you this teacher was out of order!
and if you think im over reacting see how you feel if i come and stick my pitch fork where the sun dont shine you insensitive TW*T!

But there is an alternative.  Go to the staffroom at coffee time and hack all the teachers to death with a machete.  Then set fire to the building.  Finally, dust off and nuke the site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure.

fantastic quote from aliens there.

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2009, 18:35:50 »
Betula,
               Very correct when I walk past a bus stop or school kids in general and hear their language it makes me blush, :)

Mushy Pea

• Acre
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2009, 19:13:09 »
Hi,

As MP's OH I'm rather shocked that so many adults seem to have forgotten what it's like as a child.

It's only last year before my dear old Ma died that I confessed to a multitude of terrible things.

The day that I had a tug of war with our alsation dog using a feather cushion to the expected results prior to doing my morning paper round. My Ma always thought it strange that the dog had "mauled" the cushion on her own.  :)

Then there was the day our neighbours made a small pond in their garden. and filled it with goldfish. A friend and I threw a stone or two into the pond. It was quite exciting pitching stones into the air like mortars to drop into the pond. However we eventually used clods of earth too finally filling the pond up.   :o Amazingly everyone believed our tales of "Some big lads doing the deed".

Then there was.....(too many to tell really)

As has been said before there is always more than one side to a story.

MP's OH.

petengade

• Acre
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2009, 19:41:40 »
Son top of class and whizz kid, pushing his luck entertaining the class pretending to work out Maths?, but you should complain  about d*ck head, dread to think what he calls the girls.

trickydiggy

• Not So New ...
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2009, 20:08:01 »
As an inner city teacher myself (for two decades) I have lost count of the number of times angry parents have stormed up to the school accusing and demanding, only to find that their child had interpretted the 'incident' incorrectly or had taken it out of context.

Please be sure your son's allegations can be substantiated and that the situation is understood. As one fellow allotmenter said, it could have been in jest (this, of course is no excuse for the vocabulary). Also, should we be encouraging each other to 'deck him' (is this in jest? ;) or setting a better example to your son?

Furthermore, I come on to this website to relax...is it really the forum for venting anger on non-allotment related issues?

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2009, 21:03:25 »
Hi all... this is my first posting since returning from the US of A this morning - where they could teach us all a lesson or two in downright rudeness. I frequently had people pushing in front of me (me with the pushchair!) and then dropping doors on me, barging, all sorts... We had a lovely time too, but saw so much rudeness... anyhoo...

When I was 15 I was expelled from school. I had been "wrongly" accused of trashing the music room with a mate (rock n' roll), and my father was 100% behind me, as I denied everything. We were about half way to the headmaster's boss's office, 30 miles away from where we lived, when I had to tell him that I did really do it... He had been convinced of my innocence until then.

As a parent I know that my little treasures could never do anything wrong... and it would be lovely if the worst thing that ever happened to them was being called a name.

FWIW, I think you should let it go.

cacran

• Hectare
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2009, 21:58:45 »
I have to agree with trickydiggy on this one.

I work at a primary school and I must say that what some of the children say and do is an eyeopener.  They constantly bend the truth and love to get adults into trouble.

In this case, the boy may not be to blame, but his dad should keep an open mind. Teaching your children that your answer to it would be violence is not a good idea. It was only a name and it was possibly said in error. Bad language is sadly the norm these days. Even teachers are capable of swearing in their outside life, just as the kids are. Personally I see no need for it but it could have been a slip of the tongue, they may have just wanted to say that he was being an idiot for what he was doing or saying at the time.

Think you should maybe chill out a bit, let it pass without too much fuss.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2009, 22:36:00 »
Furthermore, I come on to this website to relax...is it really the forum for venting anger on non-allotment related issues?

Aha, but 'tis The Shed trickydicky, we can do this here. ;)
Smile, it confuses people.

sparklebug

• Not So New ...
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2009, 22:36:24 »
As an inner city teacher myself (for two decades) I have lost count of the number of times angry parents have stormed up to the school accusing and demanding, only to find that their child had interpretted the 'incident' incorrectly or had taken it out of context.

Please be sure your son's allegations can be substantiated and that the situation is understood. As one fellow allotmenter said, it could have been in jest (this, of course is no excuse for the vocabulary). Also, should we be encouraging each other to 'deck him' (is this in jest? ;) or setting a better example to your son?

Firstly you have my utmost admiration for doing your job, i for one could not and would not want to. 

Secondly this is the shed for non allotment talk so the op has every right to vent and fume on this part of the forum.  All allotment talk is done outside of this particular board  :)

Flunky

• Acre
  • In Sunny Narfook.
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2009, 09:23:04 »

fantastic quote from aliens there.

GEEK !!!!  ;D ;D ;D LOL.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2009, 12:43:13 »
We are all waiting to hear how you got on talking to the teacher.

Old bird

• Hectare
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2009, 14:51:58 »
Hopefully you will have calmed down!

If that is the worst that your child will come accross during his lifetime then you will be blessed.  I find your outrage - amazing.

Protect your kids - by all means.  But what really has happened to him - the teacher called him a name!

Bloody Hell I would hate to be within range of you when something serious has happened to one of your family.

Stop being so namby pamby and pathetic - what are you teaching your child - flying into total outrage and threatening violence!!!

I should think that an "anger management" course might help you.  Hopefully your son doesn't copy you! 

There have to be "authority" figures - at school it is teachers - at work it is the boss - would you really lamp your son's boss because the boss called him a name.  Grow up.  Testosterone has a lot to answer for!!

Life is easier, simpler, better, less stressful and friendly  if you don't adopt the Mr Angry approach to it!

Old Bird

sparklebug

• Not So New ...
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2009, 20:41:40 »
I have one question for the people that are saying grow up.  Would you let your boss call you a d*ckhead or any other derogatory name in front of your colleagues? 

How did you get on today simmo116?

mrf94

• Half Acre
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2009, 22:23:38 »
Im disgusted

How do you expect children to grow up the way most of us would like
When teachers talk like that ,
And the derogatory comments on here belong to people who obviosly havent been brought up correctly

Im ashamed to be a part of this forum

mrf94

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal