Author Topic: Last of Summer  (Read 1976 times)

Wicker

• Hectare
Last of Summer
« on: September 20, 2004, 19:15:46 »
All our fuschias,geraniums and sweet peas have been blasted by the winds this weekend and these are the best of what's left.  sorry I can't do side by side! The gates behind the fuschias are the entrance to the allotment site

« Last Edit: September 20, 2004, 19:19:08 by Wicker »
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Re:Last of Summer
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2004, 00:15:24 »
Still looking good though.  The sweetpeas look stunning!  I do love them but never have masses of flowers.  Always dissapointed...think I am toooo impatient at getting them started and then out in the ground.

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2004, 11:07:04 »
Yours have survived better than mine Wicker - the only ones left are my garden hardy ones, all the baskets and pots have been (as you say) blown away :o  Sweet peas still looking good :)

Pat
Happy gardening all...........Pat

ina

• Hectare
    • My Homepage
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2004, 08:45:47 »
Still lots of flowers, windblown they may be. It's autumn now after all. What pretty color geranuims.

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2004, 11:30:34 »
It was lovely to see your photos Wicker, especially your sweet peas which are still looking gorgeous.  I pulled mine up recently and it really felt the end of summer when I did it.  They were so lovely this year.  Plan to grow masses next year.  :D busy_lizzie  
live your days not count your years

eileen

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2004, 14:52:41 »
Hi Wicker,

I've still got my fuschias but my sweet peas are just about over. No geraniums this year but still have my amaryllis outside in pots and going strong.

Lovely photogrpahs - do you know the name of your fuschia by any chance as it's one I'd like to plant up to go with the rest of my collection for next year and could you tell me how hardy it id please?  Thanks

Eileen.

EILEEN.

Life is like nectar sweet but sometimes sticky.

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2004, 17:16:03 »
Eileen, it's not hardy and can't remember the name because it was one of two I bought in B&Q for 50p each as tiny plants very early on in the year!! Mr W always has a selection of "fancy" ones (pricey too!) and these two have fared better than any of the rest!  I will have a look in the shed and see if I still have the label.  
In saying that a couple of the more delicate Australian ones seem to be taking a new spurt after recovering from the winds and are blossoming again.

the sweet peas aren't as good as they look - really a bit blasted clsoe up!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2004, 17:17:10 by Wicker »
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2004, 17:33:31 »
Just love those sweet peas. A cousin brought us a bunch from her Dulwich allotment last w/e. = Tim

Hot_Potato

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2004, 22:35:08 »
These are still so lovely to look at Wicker - wonderful colours

Maggie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal