Author Topic: Spiritualism, black magic and the occult.  (Read 4289 times)

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
Re: Spiritualism, black magic and the occult.
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2009, 17:19:13 »
It is all true, I got it off a posting on youtube.
must be true, then!! :)
You couldn't make it up!

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2009, 18:10:37 »
Of course you know that the Mayan Calender runs out on the 21st December 2012, the same date for the end of the world as predicted by the ancient Sumarians.

There will be a galactic alignment which only occurs once every 3600 years.

The Orissa comet will colide with earth and knock it off it's access.

The predictions from the book of Revelations confirmed by the writings of Nostradamis will kick into place and the population of the earth will be drastically reduced by as much as two thirds.

Survivors will be pleased to note that in February 2014, provided the gamma rays from the sun's companion star Nemisis are avoided, Peace will return to the planet.

It is all true, I got it off a posting on youtube.

If it doesn't happen it's not because prophecy's wrong, it's just delayed for a few years so they can make more money writing books telling us all what's going to happen.

zigzig

• Acre
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2009, 19:26:27 »
That bit about 2012

It was in the a paper can't remember if it was Star, Sun or Sport but it was definitely one of the better class ones.

I'd check but she will have used it to line the cat's litter tray.

Bjerreby

• Acre
  • Can't wait till spring........
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2009, 19:34:49 »
That bit about 2012

It was in the a paper can't remember if it was Star, Sun or Sport but it was definitely one of the better class ones.

I'd check but she will have used it to line the cat's litter tray.

Well, its better to predict the future that way than by inspecting sacrificed animals' entrails

lavenderlux

• Acre
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2009, 20:51:18 »
Does the date of 21 December 2012 when the Mayan calender ends and this being the predicted date of the end of the World by the ancient Sumarians, take into account the eleven days we 'lost' in 1754 (or thereabouts) when it was realised we'd forgotten to take an extra day every four years (leap years) as the Earth goes round the sun in 365.25 days?   So it may, therefore actually be 1 January 2013 ......

And as it was eleven days we lost, well a 'Wednesday' must really be a 'Sunday' and you can, therefore, Plot69, plant your raspberries tomorrow (Thursday) as that should really be a Monday!

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
  • Dark Side Of The Rhubarb
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2009, 20:55:39 »
funny how the Mayans could predict the end of the earth......but not the end of the Mayans

Plot69

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2009, 21:29:33 »
And as it was eleven days we lost, well a 'Wednesday' must really be a 'Sunday' and you can, therefore, Plot69, plant your raspberries tomorrow (Thursday) as that should really be a Monday!

Ah, no. You see tomorrow, being a Thursday, is bill day. The day I have to take my Wife to fight the queues in the bank in order to have a roof over my head and to be able to watch Sky HD for the next month... Have to leave my raspberries until next Armageddon I'm afraid.

Does the date of 21 December 2012 when the Mayan calender ends and this being the predicted date of the end of the World by the ancient Sumarians, take into account the eleven days we 'lost' in 1754 (or thereabouts) when it was realised we'd forgotten to take an extra day every four years (leap years) as the Earth goes round the sun in 365.25 days?   So it may, therefore actually be 1 January 2013 ......

Now if it does indeed fall on Dec 21st, think of all the money we'll save on Christmas presents. However should it fall on Jan 1st just think of all that money wasted on presents that only get used for a week...

I suppose the best thing would be to not bother with Christmas at all. But would I want to spend my last week on Earth explaining the reason that they got bugger all to my whole family. Or to blow every penny I have on the most lavish Christmas ever and spend my last week on Earth hoping to God the end is nigh and comes before the bank manager finds out?

Or, better still, recognize it for the load of old twaddle it is and carry on life as normal.  ;)
Tony.

Sow it, grow it, eat it.

terrier

• Acre
  • North Wales
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2009, 22:14:41 »
My dog told me that as long as I keep scratching his back, all will be fine in the world... I may as well just believe him  ;)

carrot-cruncher

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2009, 23:29:01 »

Plus, if I take into account all the days we "lost" when we converted from the Gregorian to Julian calender (or vice versa.............I can never remember which way round it was) & all the days I lost due to alcohol consumption I'm surprised I'm still here, let alone the world :) :) :)

CC
"Grow you bugger, grow!!"

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2009, 05:08:21 »
funny how the Mayans could predict the end of the earth......but not the end of the Mayans

They did actually, which is why they did not put up much resistance to the Spanish conquerers, they expected fair skinned  invaders to come from the seas and annahilate them

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2009, 15:52:45 »
Ah, but did they know the date? Archbishop Ussher calculated that the world was created at 9am on 23 October 4004 BC, and forgot to tell us whether he meant GMT, the Mayans forgot to tell us whether they used the Gregorian or the Julian calendar. But i the world of hokus-pokus, what does it matter?

Plot69

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2009, 16:05:29 »
Archbishop Ussher calculated that the world was created at 9am on 23 October 4004 BC,

It was supposed to happen 650 million years earlier but it was the wrong day  :)
Tony.

Sow it, grow it, eat it.

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2009, 05:12:18 »
I bet they knocked Noah when he started building that ark and look what happened to Lot's wife....

Back to the present day. Banks do offer telephone & Internet banking and things like standing orders & direct debits for bill paying. They all seem to be trying to sell a lot of insurance too at the moment.

Thomson are offering free redundancy cover if you book holidays with them.

First choice have got some good deals on their late booking site for self catering in Spain, if you can afford to eat once you get there. Don't know what a big mac costs in Spain these days.

Hector

• Hectare
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2009, 08:31:40 »
............................I suggest we all stop talking about moon tunes and anything that needs waxing or waning  :) 

Does this mean I can't do my legs then ???

CC

LOL  ;D
Jackie

lancelotment

• Half Acre
  • Great North Swim, 1 mile open water, Windermere'08
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2009, 17:27:46 »
21st December!  I don't start defrosting the turkey until 23rd.  Best get the beer in early that year.
Getting there - just rather slowly!!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal