Author Topic: Harrogate Spring show  (Read 1125 times)

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
Harrogate Spring show
« on: April 25, 2009, 19:42:39 »
Visited the show yesterday (Fri) and took a few pictures to share with you all.

I didn't think the show was up to its usual standard! I guess the countries financial situation is playing its part here too.

I think the layout out of the show could be improved i.e. it is undercover but the trouble is; halls 1&2 were designed for the Great Yorkshire Agricutural Show ( animals and the like) so it has a solid roof meaning there is very little natural light to show of the produce and the exhibits.

I had to do a fair bit of 'photo shopping' to my pictures to give you a feel of what was there.

I hope you enjoy them...TG

http://www.thegardenersalmanac.co.uk/Slide%20Shows/Harrogate%20Sp%20show%202009/090424.html

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
Re: Harrogate Spring show
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 20:59:19 »
Thanks TeeGee, that saved me a trip! Lovely pics, especially the daffodils.

genlistlass

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 17:23:57 »
Thanks TeeGee
What a treat!

Sent the link to two Aussies I know to make them green with envy

Gen in Northumberland
No allotment but medium sized garden with greenhouse, small-ish raised veggie plot and little shed.....my little kingdom:-)

Rosa_Mundi

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 01:34:02 »
Funny you should say that about the show not being up to standard this year - OH and I thought exactly the same. Some of the exhibits were quite repetitive, too - at least three specializing in acers for a start.
Well done the the photos from Hall 2 - that is impossibly under-lit, and very difficult to get decent pictures in.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal