Author Topic: sweetcorn  (Read 3601 times)

loopyloulou

• Acre
  • oh my... thats a LOT of couch grass....
Re: sweetcorn
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2009, 19:05:47 »
the kids are planting ours this weekend, all being well, theyve told me to plant lots and lots and lots and hundreds!!!  ;D think weve got some lotty sweetcorn addicts.... shame ive only got 1pk! may have to go find another variety and plant them the other end of the plot.....
i think i like it here :D now who can tell me how to grow my own chocolate???

staris

• Acre
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2009, 20:05:01 »
i've jumped the gun as well, mine are about 4" tall  :-\

skyblu

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2009, 20:50:06 »
i've jumped the gun as well, mine are about 4" tall  :-\

mine too  :o ah well! I predict no more frost this year anyway....
http://packdoughty.wordpress.com/  gardening and greyhounds....

elhuerto

• Acre
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2009, 21:04:41 »
I'm planting mine out this weekend - apart from planting in blocks, anything to be aware or wary of?

Cheers.
Location: North East Spain - freezing cold winters, boiling hot summers with a bit of fog in between.

simmo116

• Acre
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2009, 09:50:33 »
i planted 30 yesterday indoors using toilet rolls. when should they go out? when the roots show at the bottom or when there at a specific height? ???

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2009, 10:26:07 »
i planted 30 yesterday indoors using toilet rolls. when should they go out? when the roots show at the bottom or when there at a specific height? ???

Once all risk of frost has passed but don't let them become pot-bound, move into bigger pots if you have to...... once they germinate start hardening off, the only realy pest they'll have in this country is slugs and snails when they're still small, once they're a foot or so tall there really isn't anythign that we get that will be that interested in them as they will be too tough.... birds, rabbits, squirrels and deer will probably be interested in them once the kernels are forming though.....

chrisc

simmo116

• Acre
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2009, 17:26:17 »
lol i dont get many deer in inner city wolverhampton just maybe a few old dear's ....lol

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2009, 17:39:44 »
Mine have gone in today in rootrainers, plannning to put them out in about 3 weeks time... ;D

Son excited as we are growing some pink popcorn I got from a Canadian seed supplier on his plot. ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2009, 17:43:30 »
ours have just been planted in the polytunnel border , early extra  :)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal