Author Topic: Stolen Manure  (Read 23094 times)

Kea

• Hectare
Re: Stolen Manure
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2009, 15:48:48 »
Wheelbarrow still in it's hiding place!

Left note for the suspect.

Yes the guy I'm friendly with did spot them and he's the reason they stopped and took some back...about one barrowload when they'd taken the rest.

He couldn't see them as my shed is in the way and there is a communal heap of woodchips mostly gone nearby but he assumed they were getting that then he asked them and they said no they were getting manure from under the carpet. He told them it was owned and he said they looked really upset but they'd put most of it straight on their plot.

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2009, 16:39:18 »
So they didn't do the return journey and shovel & barrow it back to its original place then!

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2009, 17:14:46 »
Give them a choice- pay you or bring it back. >:(

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2009, 17:20:02 »
only one token load by the looks...they would have had to separate it from their soil first.

xlynettex

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2009, 17:25:53 »
so why don`t you just speak / confront to them about it  :)

Plot69

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2009, 21:09:01 »
But my informant was pretty certain and seemed to think I shouldn't be too cross because 'they are a nice couple'

Yes, so was Bonnie and Clyde apparently.

I had this...

...delivered to my plot but the dopy tractor driver dumped it on the plot next to the one I wanted it on. Underneath  that lot are 9 rows of Cara and Desiree.

As I was moving it (All by hand), a new comer half a dozen plots up turned up next to me with his fork and barrow and promptly started filling his barrow. When I explained that I could manage (didn't want anyone else trampling on my spuds anymore than had been done already) he said he didn't mind as he only wanted a dozen or so barrowloads for his bean trench and I could have the rest if I wanted...

Having just discovered 2 1\2 ton of hoarse sh*t dumped on top of my spuds I was already livid to the point of bursting a blood vessel. Felt quite sorry for him afterwards, don't like seeing grown men cry!

Tony.

Sow it, grow it, eat it.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2009, 21:15:30 »
He got away without your fork did he? If not we'll come and visit you inside...  :-X

Plot69

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2009, 21:27:39 »
He got away without your fork did he? If not we'll come and visit you inside...  :-X

I'm afraid my tongue was infinitely sharper than my fork.
Tony.

Sow it, grow it, eat it.

fireflydigger

• Not So New ...
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2009, 21:32:32 »
If it was me who made a mistake like that I'd be mortified and quite happy to pay for it - why not approach this couple like that, saying the manure cost this much and you assume they'll be happy to reimburse you?

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2009, 09:34:24 »
Plot 69 that guy would have got my fork through his foot. My manure pile was a year more rotted down than yours so can't be replaced with fresh....Value added!

The communal pile, sorry I have mentioned this before, was put in front of my plot and that dopey driver put over a tonne on my fence!

I would like to approach the couple in person but they haven't been there and i'm normally there during the week my weekends are taken up with providing taxi service to Music school and shopping etc. I've only been back from holiday since Sunday and I think the crime is over 2 weeks old. Hence a note in a plastic bag tied to their gate with my contact details.

I'm wondering who told them it was free to take >:(

Pescador

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2009, 20:17:00 »
Dingerbell,
I'd have used Sodium chlorate, so that he's reminded next year as well; thieving B'strd.
Like us on Facebook. Paul's Preserves and Pickles.
Miskin, Pontyclun. S. Wales.
Every pickle helps!

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2009, 17:48:09 »
No reply to my note but they have removed the note and made sure that the manure they had left is hidden!

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2009, 17:53:36 »
the fact that the communal heap is adjascent to your plot, and that you hadn't moved it, but just covered it up with a bit of carpet makes the situation a tricky one. are your plot boundaries well marked? can you post a photo of the general area, and of the site where the manure was?
You couldn't make it up!

chriszog

• Half Acre
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2009, 17:56:48 »
But my informant was pretty certain and seemed to think I shouldn't be too cross because 'they are a nice couple'

Yes, so was Bonnie and Clyde apparently.

I had this...

...delivered to my plot but the dopy tractor driver dumped it on the plot next to the one I wanted it on. Underneath  that lot are 9 rows of Cara and Desiree.

As I was moving it (All by hand), a new comer half a dozen plots up turned up next to me with his fork and barrow and promptly started filling his barrow. When I explained that I could manage (didn't want anyone else trampling on my spuds anymore than had been done already) he said he didn't mind as he only wanted a dozen or so barrowloads for his bean trench and I could have the rest if I wanted...

Having just discovered 2 1\2 ton of hoarse sh*t dumped on top of my spuds I was already livid to the point of bursting a blood vessel. Felt quite sorry for him afterwards, don't like seeing grown men cry!

If there's 9 rows under that heap they are probably planted too close together anyway, you couls spread it about and let them grow through it

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2009, 18:10:23 »
don't folk meet the chap on site who is delivering the stuff? how does the delivery person get onto the site, to be able to put it in the wrong place?
You couldn't make it up!

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2009, 16:33:44 »
Today I meet the lady on the plot next to the thieves she's not pleased with them either. She got her plot (half) first and marked out the boundary better with stakes and string. She came back one day to find they'd put a fence up and her stakes were still visible on their bonfire!
She said they were quite smug about the new supply of manure they had!

Looks like I have a new best friend! ;D

Plot69

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2009, 17:11:07 »
Today I meet the lady on the plot next to the thieves she's not pleased with them either. She got her plot (half) first and marked out the boundary better with stakes and string. She came back one day to find they'd put a fence up and her stakes were still visible on their bonfire!
She said they were quite smug about the new supply of manure they had!

I'm afraid I'd consider that a declaration of war and respond appropriately.
Tony.

Sow it, grow it, eat it.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2009, 19:27:38 »
I'd get the thieving barstards thrown off the plot then look at their smug faces while your waving goodbye.  >:( >:( >:(
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2009, 19:45:56 »
My feelings exactly Kea. Have you got a commitee on your site. If so report the matter to them. These folks obviously have no regard for other peoples stuff.
This is the worst kind of vandalism. You just don't expect things like this from your fellow allotment holders.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

Fat Andy

• Not So New ...
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2009, 20:51:51 »
I think I'd let them be smug about their load of free manure and then, when they've toiled away all summer growing whatever they've planted, I'd be equally as smug about the "free produce" you just happened to find on their plot  ;D

Or you could let their crops ripen sufficiently and then give them a dose of roundup.

It wouldn't be as bad if they'd come over and apologised but the fact that they know it was someone else's and are still being smug about it really pisses me off.  I hate people like that.  Anyone nicks stuff off my plot better be ready for a ruck  >:(

FA x 

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal