Author Topic: allotment plot problem  (Read 1646 times)

tessie46

allotment plot problem
« on: March 23, 2009, 15:39:02 »
hi i have an allotment plot at the moment but i would like another plot so i would have 2 there is plots available so i would not be taking anything away from someone else, but the association has told me if i have 2 i will be classed as a small holding is this correct? what does it mean if i am a small holding all i wanted to do was grow more veg which is what  you can do on a small holding anyway. would it mean i would no longer be classed as having an allotment and would that make problems for the association i am getting very confused by all the info on the internet, could any one please help put me in the right direction for some info
thanks

djbrenton

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
Re: allotment plot problem
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 15:42:15 »
It's only a smallholding if a single plot is greater than 1000 sq. mt. Several plots under separate tenancy agreements don't make you a smallholder.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 15:45:05 »
Hi Tes people on my site have two plots but I don't think this is right because there is a waiting list and some of them can't even manage one of them, but if there's not a list I can't see the problem, some of them on this forum have anything up to six plots.  ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

tessie46

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 15:49:41 »
It's only a smallholding if a single plot is greater than 1000 sq. mt. Several plots under separate tenancy agreements don't make you a smallholder.
thankyou that is very help full info thanks for taking the time to answer me i am new at this

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 15:53:44 »
hiya, tessie, nice to meet you  ;D
how big is the plot you have now ?

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 17:04:24 »
Welcome to the site Tessie, I have four plots worth, spread over five undersized plots... 1200sq yards, 100sq M is the break point...  ;D

Eristic

• Hectare
  • NW London (Brent)
    • Down the Plot
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 20:05:38 »
Get round the red tape by putting the second plot in your boyfriends name.

flowerofshona2007

• Hectare
  • Flowerofshona
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 09:31:19 »
We have 3 plots BUT they are all small and only make 1 full sized plot in total ! its ok saying only 1 plot per person but most sites have split plots into half and quater plots which is ok to start with but to grow food for a family its just not enough room !! by the time you have your spuds and onions in thats it !

tessie46

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 13:17:30 »
hiya, tessie, nice to meet you  ;D
how big is the plot you have now ?
hi the plot is 22m x 11m but i have a shed which is10 x 8 and i have some poly tunnels up and have planted a lot of raspberries and strawberries and potatoes and so our brassicas and i am finding that i dont really have enough room and i also have a compost bin and water butts as they do not supply water

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal