Author Topic: Giving up gardening  (Read 1524 times)

ACE

• Hectare
Giving up gardening
« on: March 02, 2009, 17:51:29 »
Well, I shall pay somebody else to do it. I shall be too busy making a fortune running moonshine into Scotland ;D

I urge all Scots to do as the French do and have a national strike, (when the weather gets better). Why should you have to put up with having your drink prices put up just because of the few who cannot hold their drink. Barricade he borders, bring the country to a halt, give them the Agincourt salute grab a few beers and dig in for the duration.

A better way would be a law that allows any shopkeeper or bar owner to refuse to serve anybody who's voice is slurred.   

Whoops!  that would be all of Scotland even if they were sober. ;)

valmarg

• Hectare
Re: Giving up gardening
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 22:19:27 »
 ;D ;D ;D

OH and I were thinking of opening an offie just this side of the border.

valmarg

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 22:23:14 »
Bagsy the passenger seat ;D

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 08:36:19 »
It is all part of the government's plan to keep us all in our houses.

Pubs and clubs are already closing faster than any other industry.

The smoking ban has closed loads, now the few remaining will go too.

The sale of booze in Scotland will drop, the sale of booze in England will increase so the government will say, that was a good idea, we will introduce the booze price increase in England too, they are drinking more than ever! It reduced the sale of booze in Scotland, so it must work.

Has any one ever noticed the number of tobacconists in Spanish tourist resorts selling British brands of cigarettes and tobacco?

Hosta

• Half Acre
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 20:36:46 »
Whoops!  that would be all of Scotland even if they were sober.

Ace, you are soooooo cheeky !!

mor

• Not So New ...
    • gardening tips
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 11:18:54 »
more like sweden

*pixie*

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 14:40:50 »
It is all part of the government's plan to keep us all in our houses.

Pubs and clubs are already closing faster than any other industry.

The smoking ban has closed loads, now the few remaining will go too.

Not seen any pubs up here close due to the smoking ban, infact hubby and I have been more as we dont come out smelling like an ashtray. Playing darts became unpleasant and was one of the reasons I gave it up!
My Mother is a licencee in Northampton and has been a licencee in the south for over 20 years. She is a heavy smoker herself and has seen no drop in her trade(apart from the initial toys out of pram boycott) infact the profits went up, more food trade/families etc.
She was very nearly made redundant christmas week due to her company going into administration but the parent company took on some of the pubs and due to her being bloody good at her job they kept her on. Nowt to do with smoking bans.....just them spending too much, too quickly on refurbing pubs who at the time werent making much above the bottom line.
Its easier to blame it on things like the smoking ban rather than poor managment on the big bosses side.
Not a stab at your post Purple heather just having my 2 pence on some of the real reasons on why some pubs are closing.

As for the cost of booze going up..... :'( I like my wine...maybe I should look into making my own  :D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal