Author Topic: help  (Read 1920 times)

ugly gourd

• Quarter Acre
help
« on: February 28, 2009, 16:01:12 »
I work at a day care centre for the elderly as a cook and Ive got a gluten free client starting soon anyone any experience of this special diet who could give me some tips Please

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
Re: help
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 16:03:49 »
Take a look at the Coeliac Society website http://www.coeliac.org.uk/ there is lots of useful information on there.
This site has a selection of gluten free recipes & a blacklist of foods to avoid.
http://www.peter-thomson.co.uk/glutenfree/

ugly gourd

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 17:12:00 »
Thanks this is a great help best to get advice from people who deakl with it first hand

flossy

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 18:11:15 »

Have noticed that many Supermarkets now have a range of Glutton free produce,

would it help to buy a few if these items and check out the ingredience ?

floss xxx
Hertfordshire,   south east England

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 19:08:39 »
You may need to check if he is gluten intolerant, wheat gluten intolerant or coeliac. I am G/I  & there are thing on the coeliac list that I can't have. It's in breakfast cereals & other things I think it's maltodextroze. I am full blown G/I whereas OH is wheat gluten intolerant. It does get complicated, we find breakfast is the worst meal of the day for us. Basic main meals are easy I use Kallo G/F stock cubes & cornflour to make gravy. If you think I can of further help feel free to PM me.
HTH,
Janet

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 19:29:22 »
...just a tip if the client is wheat gluten intolerant, as is the daughter of a friend. She can't use malt vinegar but loves mint sauce, so I make up batches of it using cider vinegar. Sorted! So prob. be careful with vinegar if there's ever fish'n'chips on the menu?

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2009, 21:20:45 »
my ex daughter in law loved stir fry so we used rice noodles  :)
not sure if she was coeliac or gi

ugly gourd

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 20:03:15 »
thanks to you all Ive just been warned their coming so will have to wait till nearer the time to get full details so no doubt you will hear from me again then!!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal