Author Topic: Howdy  (Read 3068 times)

Plot69

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
Re: Howdy
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2009, 16:45:12 »
As for poles and rods.........I think however you measure your plot, and think  how enormous you think it is now, it won't seem that big once you get going! Oh dear, you can't grow too many squashes as they take up so much room, or maincrop potatoes, and if only you could fit a bit more .............perhaps that is just me....! ;D

No, it's not just you. I have two full plots. One half given over to soft fruit. One third approx for potatoes, and I haven't even thought about the 40 foot needed for butternuts...

Deb is right Chris, I'd put my name down for another one if I were you  :o

Tony.

Sow it, grow it, eat it.

Manouche

• Acre
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2009, 09:29:07 »
 ;D   Welcome to A4A haven't been here long myself but have received lots of help along the way and lots of laughs.

Our plot is in Portsmouth, waited over two years and was grateful for a plot measuring 50ft x 26ft.

Thats the size of them now as we have hundreds of people waiting.

Can't imagine asking for another one, but if you can do it!

So go for the one they offer it really will shrink in size, tho saying that we are still eating our onions and just
      finished the potatoes from our small plot.

Started work on lottie yesterday and felt like a million dollars, have a brilliant time this Summer.

chri55yboy

• Not So New ...
  • Crook, Co. Durham
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2009, 14:12:37 »
Well we have been offered a plot on our local Council Run allotment, they have offered 260sq metre plot and I've just found out that our friends have also been offered a plot next to ours and...the lady at the council said that someone else has also applied for a plot.
I mention all this as my wife and I went for a little look (very little look) and all we could see was, well erm wasteland and a couple of derelict plots.  I guess it's positive that others are taking up plots, the council are due to clear them as well, so that will save some work. ;)

I'm hoping that my wife can get up there this week and take some pics but I'm quite keen to get home from work today and see the plans that have arrived :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal