Author Topic: Reduced prices on plant feed, weedkiller etc at Focus  (Read 1394 times)

hellohelenhere

• Hectare
  • Reading, Berkshire
    • http://backgardenallotmenteer.blogspot.com/
Reduced prices on plant feed, weedkiller etc at Focus
« on: January 15, 2009, 17:35:10 »
Just got 2kg of Phostrogen soluble feed powder for £3, and a small box of glyphosate for £4 (which was much better than close to £15, that I've seen lately for similar, though the normal Focus price isn't that high.)
They have reductions on various feeds and weedkillers too. Not that I've very pro-weedkiller, but I'm going to need some assistance on ridding my front garden of dogwood and holly...

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
Re: Reduced prices on plant feed, weedkiller etc at Focus
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 21:14:46 »
Thanks hhh, I still have a £10 voucher which was one of my presents from young Lorna. If I get time I will have a look to see what our local Focus has tomorrow. Seeing that I have been retired for years and only "me" to bother about of course I can find time!! ;D

hellohelenhere

• Hectare
  • Reading, Berkshire
    • http://backgardenallotmenteer.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 21:47:12 »
They also have sets of glazed pots, 3 for a fiver, largest one is quite large - I've already done that deal twice now, considering a 3rd lot! It means another trip with the trolley as we don't have a car, but I'm tempted...
I have to keep resisting things when I'm there, though - they have summer flowering bulbs now and some veg plants, 3 for a fiver (eg, strawberrys, asparagus) - but they're the kind that come squished in a bag with some compost and usually starting to moulder. I also have to keep resisting flower seeds, tools, and bird feeders. So perhaps it's better if I don't go again for a while! :D

robinaber

• Quarter Acre
  • Aberporth, near Cardigan, West Wales
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 22:29:18 »
Don't forget over sixties and recent house movers can get 10% discount at Focus. Call in store for a leaflet.

Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground. Author unknown

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal