Author Topic: Sales or not  (Read 746 times)

RSJK

• Hectare
  • its great to be on the allotment
Sales or not
« on: January 05, 2009, 18:23:30 »

Went into Burtons and i was looking at a pullover the same as i brought this time last year...according to the price tag there was 70% reduction....yet it was the same as I payed last year, i think most of these so called sales are just a con.         
                    ??? ??? ::) ??? ???
Richard       If it's not worth having I will have it

davyw1

• Hectare
  • I love My Country
Re: Sales or not
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 18:40:06 »
They are very clever at it what they do is put a new higher price tag on the items for 28 days then reduce it to the original price which allows the shop to say it is a sale item
When you wake up on a morning say "good morning world" and be grateful

DAVY

Baaaaaaaa

• Acre
  • Life's a treat for those who bleat.
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 19:24:59 »
And they don't have to do it in the same store.

If they have 1000 outlets, they raise all their prices in 1 out of the way store, then bingo 28 days later the other 999 have 'SALE' or 'DISCOUNT' signs every where.

When do the furniture stores ever NOT have a sale on? or some of the discount carpet places ?
Maximus, Procerus, Vegetus

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 11:47:51 »
I have just told the manager of our local BHS they were taking the 'you know what'. with their previously offered at prices. I was politely asked to leave the store.

I was looking at a laptop bag, that was on sale price £8.50, retail price  £32.99. I would not have give them a fiver for it at any time. Just another load of Honkonese rubbish made for a shilling. It also stated it was a 'designer' bag. When I asked who the designer was he did not know. I have emailed trading standards, because it is a con.

Baaaaaaaa

• Acre
  • Life's a treat for those who bleat.
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 13:02:38 »
I'm sure their legal dept are regularly consulted on exactly what the can and cannot get away with.

In this current climate surly its more a matter of customer confidence/loyalty.
Maximus, Procerus, Vegetus

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal