Author Topic: Look what our wonderful government want to do now.  (Read 6594 times)

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
Re: Look what our wonderful government want to do now.
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2008, 21:04:18 »
I realise i get to worked up about things - your wind up message bought me back down to earth and made me realise not to get so "wound up". So thank you again was a timely reminder to moderate my blood pressure and not to be so wound up.

Thanks  ;D

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2008, 21:09:25 »
Oh,I was concerned you thought I was telling you to wind up,I wasn't,the mail does wind people up,that's what I meant. :)

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2008, 22:28:48 »
That scurrilous rag winds me and as my parents and inlaws both get it, I have plenty of opportunity to get wound up.  In fact, it is the amount of people who get it and believe it chapter and verse that worries me more.  I worry for the future of our society and country enough without people believe the complete crap in that rag.

They did once do a very good piece about the alleged killers of Stephen Lawrence - I hoped it was a turning point - but it wasn't  :-\

And I do owe an apology about to 7oaks about the tax rate - it was a cheap jibe and wrong (he says wiping egg off his face)
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

7oaks plot

• Not So New ...
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2008, 23:05:04 »
I can honestly say that i have NEVER read the Daily Mail so have no affinity to it whatsoever, i just stumbled upon the compost stealth tax on another allotment website.

As for believing the so called Daily Mail propaganda, well i dont need to read a paper to see whats happening to the country, all i need is my ears, my eyes and my brain........it dosn't take a rocket scientist to see exactly whats happening in so many area of this country.

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2008, 23:24:17 »
The mail just rewrote an article published in the telegraph the day before. The story is essentially true but they seem to of missed the bit that says although the £50 fee will have to be paid every 3 years the schools, charities etc can then claim it  back through grants.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/3242800/Schools-face-50-charge-for-composting.html

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2008, 00:45:04 »
...thus providing new jobs and stimulating the economy!!

OK I'll get me coat! ;)

Tin Shed

• Hectare
  • South Essex
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2008, 17:04:01 »
Wouldn't just be easier to compost the Government instead ;D

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2008, 17:21:13 »
Pigeonseed has things in perspective. there are all sorts of tales about EU rulings that the DM newspaper and also the DT take and twist so much that their readers are led into dead ends.

I start from the premise that all Journalists and Politicians are liars. You won't go far wrong then.

I don't know how many of you out there remember 'Drop the Dead Donkey' TV series about a TV newsroom, but many of these stories 'smack of Damian Day'. ;D

valmarg

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2008, 17:24:51 »
wind up :)

betula does that mean you are being wound up, or wind up (burp). ;D ;D

valmarg

pigeonseed

• Hectare
  • Hastings
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2008, 19:46:27 »
In fact, it is the amount of people who get it and believe it chapter and verse that worries me more. 

I feel a bit depressed when I see people reading it. It's a nasty paper. It is successful by making people scared and angry, but about things we don't need to be scared or angry about (compost heaps/single women drinking/baa baa black sheep etc).

Years ago some newsreader looked a bit silly by saying we should have more happy news. I now believe that is actually a radical and progressive idea. It might not sell papers, but it might make us more positive and constructive.

pigeonseed

• Hectare
  • Hastings
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2008, 19:52:42 »

Years ago some newsreader looked a bit silly by saying we should have more happy news.

Martyn Lewis! Just looked it up.

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2008, 20:30:56 »
Talk about clutching at straws, for me one big hole and throw the lot in that will be a compost hole not a heap.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2008, 22:00:21 »
wind up :)

betula does that mean you are being wound up, or wind up (burp). ;D ;D

valmarg

Both ;D ;D ;D

labrat

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2008, 19:46:07 »
It's all very well having a pop at the Daily Mail but I remember for years the BBC and the Guardian denied that there were ever rules about the shape of fruit and veg - calling people who knew better conspiracy theorists and believing in myth. Surprise, surprise some of those who actually knew EU regulations were right.

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2008, 21:07:54 »
Noooooo!

As if I have not got enough worries with the present proposed congestion charge for Manchester which as a household if accepted, is just gonna kill us  :o

Its official!

The UK has flipped its lid !

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2008, 23:19:08 »
Edinburgh rejected the proposed congestion charges. Since then there have been so many roadworks all over the city that you are held up no matter where and when you are going. Coincidence? I doubt it.

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2008, 23:41:33 »
Exactly my point grawc, the charge if it goes ahead  will gurantee nothing!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal