Author Topic: our new addition,on heat or not?  (Read 1616 times)

elvis2003

• Hectare
our new addition,on heat or not?
« on: November 18, 2008, 23:45:23 »
hi folks,we had  our kitten added to our family 3 months ago,vet said then that she was prob 12/15 months,no way of being certain as she came to us as a stray.anyway,yesterday,and all day today she has certainly been sounding and acting as if she was on heat,even though vet told us that wouldnt happen till jan next year?is she just going thru some motions or is this the real deal,she certainly has attracted male interest from outside,only one suitor,so far.OH has been trying to keep her in as we not sure quite what to do for best,any advice?
thanks people x
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
Re: our new addition,on heat or not?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 05:20:17 »
Sounds to me like she is.  My cat came into heat at about 12 months old if I remember rightly.  Keep her indoors if you can (although that can be easier said than done!).
What I lack in ability and experience, I make up for in sheer enthusiasm!!!

windygale

• Acre
  • http://spaces.msn.com/windyspot/
    • www.rushall.org.uk
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 10:12:30 »
take her back to the vet and see about getting her neutered, some funding can giving by the RSPCA if you can prove that you need help, (ask the vet about this)

this will stop any problems, straying, extra kittens, etc, etc,

this should have seen spoken about by the vet when you gave the kitten it's gabs,
my allotment
heaven

grotbag

• Hectare
  • granddaughter(miya) in Christchurch,Dorset
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 20:58:38 »
if she is in season and it sounds like it,either get her done or you can get a pill for cats (ovarid),once they come in season they will be on heat every few weeks until they are mated.Ihave had female cats in season at 10 months old,

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal