Author Topic: Lorna's cats  (Read 2350 times)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
Lorna's cats
« on: November 17, 2008, 22:13:57 »
Young Lorna has 2 cats 1 dog, all rescued animals. Alfie the black and white cat who is the same age as Joshua (13)started limping couple of weeks ago. Went to the vet who said he had a blood clot, put him on medication. While I was in Kent she took him back twice to the vet, he now has to have tablets for rest of his life, He is not in pain but is dragging the leg and only wants to lay in the armchair. Lorna is so worried as he has lost some weight. She keeps trying to tempt him to eat. The vet has assured her that she is doing all she can.
Read Sam's post that she has been looking after her friends cats. Lorna had to go away for a couple of days and daughter-in-law Donna is really good, she went in 2/3 times a day to feed etc and make sure the cats were OK. Pepi the dog had to go to the kennels but as my Elsa was there they were company for each other, the staff put them next to each other and let them have their run out together.
Alfie really loves Joshua, normally as soon as he gets in from school he keeps rubbing round his legs and purring. Josh will be devastated if anything happens to him.

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
Re: Lorna's cats
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 22:16:04 »
These animals really know how to pine if they lose their friends. It is so heartbreaking to see them, there is nothing one can do to make it better, though,  so sad  :'( :'( :'(
The Tuscan Beaneater

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 19:38:41 »
Sad day today, Lorna had to make the decision to have Alfie put to sleep. Despite visiting the vet 4 times there has been no improvement. For the past week she has had to carry him to the dirt tray as he could no longer stand on his own.  Joshua gets his love of animals from Lorna and I knew he would be terribly upset. Out of the 2 cats Alfie was always the one who wanted to be fussed by Joshua.
As I already mentioned all their animals have been rescue animals so at least Alfie had 13 happy years. Laura is a really independent cat. 

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 19:41:35 »
Ah, so sad when you have to say goodbye to loved animals. At least you know he's had a good life, been well loved and looked after and didn't have to suffer in his last days.

:'( :'(
The Tuscan Beaneater

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 19:43:00 »
Very sad news Lorna,hope joshua will be ok.

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 20:00:12 »
Sorry to hear this sad news, Lorna.  Love to young Lorna and Josh.

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 20:15:49 »
How sad Lorna. Poor Josh. It's one of the hardest things to cope with for a child.
I'm sure he will understand why it had to be but it's so hard to deal with. :(
Smile, it confuses people.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 20:43:41 »
Thank you folk. Lorna just popped round, Joshua is not taking it too badly. Lorna had prepared him for it yesterday. Lorna said that yesterday she had put Alfie on the bottom of her bed (I think Laura was being a bit of  pest) she wondered where Josh was and when she looked he was on her bed with the duvet over his head. She thinks he had been having a little cry. Apparently the vet told Joshua's Dad that they had made the right decision.

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 00:45:00 »
Lorna, I have just caught up with this post.  I am so sorry to hear about your daughter Lorna's cat and it certainly must be a very sad loss for Joshua.  I expect he is trying not to show his grief given his age but I expect inside he is really hurting given that Alfie was the one that wanted to be fussed by him.  It's always so sad when we lose a pet.  My thoughts go out to Lorna and her family.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal