Author Topic: Aminopyralid Petition  (Read 1842 times)

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
Aminopyralid Petition
« on: October 15, 2008, 15:25:00 »
There are only 2 days to go for signing the petition so, for any newbies (and oldies too!), please put your name to it and help to try to keep manure supplies safe for us to use.

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/Aminopyralid/

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
Re: Aminopyralid Petition
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 11:09:43 »
Already done  :)
The Tuscan Beaneater

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 22:34:06 »
I have received a reply from 10 Downing street.

The product has been withdrawn

http://www.number10.gov.uk/Page17354

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 22:53:02 »
Nothing has changed.  The products were suspended in July at the request of Dow who are now working to get them back on the market in the spring.  They will have to satisfy the PSD that they have taken measures to ensure that manure which contains aminopyralid cannot be sold/given to gardeners.  The response to the petition is the same as has been given out by government departments and officials since July.  It's far from over.

electric landlady

• Half Acre
  • digging, digging, digging (in Nottingham)
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 19:20:07 »
thanks ceres

I got the reply too and thought it seemed suspiciously positive....cynic that I am.  I also noticed they trotted out the line about there being no risk to human health again (they think), and deduced they still have not actually got the point of the petition.

Hope you keep it up. How on earth can they ensure that manure from animals  which might have been exposed to aminopyralid is never passed to gardeners? it's nuts. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal