Author Topic: law change october 2009  (Read 5518 times)

Trevor_D

• Hectare
  • north-west London
Re: law change october 2009
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2009, 17:07:16 »
I had a long chat this afternoon with one of our plot-holders who helps out both with the local scouts and at his children's school.

The situation as he sees it is this:

If a group visits the site - even on a regular basis - they should/must be supervised by vetted personnel and have insurance; any contact with individuals on-site will be short-term & casual so we need not be vetted ourselves.

If a group visited on a regular basis and we helped on a regular basis - even if the registered adults were also present - we would probably need to be registered ourselves; he suspected it might boil down to frequency & regularity.

If we as individuals take a group aside, we would need to be vetted.

We occasionally have children from a local primary school to visit - something we are happy to encourage - so we need to clarify this situation. It seems that basically it hasn't changed at all for odd visits like this, when the school is "in charge" and therefore has to ensure the checks are in place.

shaun01

• Acre
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2009, 18:31:32 »
just to give you an update  ??? i phoned nsalg today and they had not herd of the changes in the law 12Th October 2009 so i passed on the information i had and directed him to the relevant web sites and he promised to look at it and phone me back which he did ,it is very similar to what Trevor has said but he also said it was a bit of a mine Field i asked him would he put his findings in writing and send them to me there was a slight pause then laughter but he said he would do it. when i receive the info i will post it so you can all read.

but thanks for all your impute i feel a lot safer now  :D
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 18:39:59 by shaun01 »
You can bury a lot of troubles digging in the dirt.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2009, 15:45:21 »
I forgot to mention that our school plot won a prize for the best newcomer plot in Birmingham this year. They bring the kids down all year round, and insist that they do all the boring jobs like weeding.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal