Author Topic: CHRISTMAS LUNCH........HELP  (Read 5931 times)

Meg

• Acre
Re: CHRISTMAS LUNCH........HELP
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2008, 20:57:24 »
Defineltley I would think that it is your turn to go to somebody elses house!!!
I would plate it up I can't bear all that passing around the food and being polite. I like to get it on the plates and then I start to eat what ever any one else is doing messing about with drinks etc let them get on with it as long as I have my dinner!!!!
Cold starter and dessert. If your family starts to complain etc just look em in the eye and say your turn next year then and that will be enough to shut them up I would guess!!!
Really we are lucky so lets enjoy it.........
Marigold

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2008, 09:30:32 »
Bets.....way back you said this...

"I would love to eat out.We did it the year my dad died as we could not face the empty chair business.I thought it was a good experience but the family wanted to be at home since."

That's what you want, the family have designated you as the Chief Cook and, well perhaps not Bottle Washer, but you get the idea?

It's your Christmas too.

My suggestion....while you're at B'ville College, check into the Womens' Assertiveness Course.....then book the bloody table ;D

Then you can all pile round to yours for zzzzzzing in front of the tele, or whatever.

Stress-free or wot?

8)

Oh heck,yes I would prefer to eat out but I can understand why the others do not want to.Beleave me If I did not want to do it I wouldn't.Nothing wrong with my assertiveness.I just want to do it in the correct way to make it as stress free as possible.

With our busy lives I enjoy a one day chance of getting together.My mum has done it for years but her fingers are to arthritic now to grip properly and it is not safe for her.I did however always do the roasties and the fancy bits and take them over so I will be delegating some work this year.My problem is I can't stand other people in the kitchen when I am cooking.It drives me crazy.

I do love Christmas though and I did not mean the thread to be a moan just advice for dealing with the more stressful bits.

Thanks for all the advice and ideas :)

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2008, 11:19:28 »
I can never wait to start cooking Christmas dinner and the more the merrier....bottle of champers, Nat and Dean crooning away and I am as happy as Larry.

Mind you I did give the family a laugh last year that of course they still giggle about now. I got everyone seated, served up lunch, and then suddenly went skidding across the kitchen on goose fat landing flat on my back and my face was as red as my Christmas jumper  ::)  :-X

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal