Author Topic: Free plastic coated wire to use as plant ties.  (Read 2206 times)

thifasmom

• Hectare
  • Growing my own, rocks!!! Maidstone, Kent.
    • Kella's Creative Wishes: Handmade Jewellery & Lots more.
Free plastic coated wire to use as plant ties.
« on: September 15, 2008, 14:00:49 »
Those with kids or grandkids might have more access. Have the kids ever been given a toy that has required the patience of Job to remove from its packaging. There is so many ties used to keep the toy from moving around in its see through box, that children under the age of 5yrs are crying by the time you remove the toy, or older kids have moved on to something else cause they are bored of waiting for you to figure how to get the darn thing out. Well i collect them to use as plant ties, and as they are plastic coated they don't cut into the plant stem.

PS after all of that you call the kid to hand over the toy only to then realise the giver didn't think to include the batteries the toy needs to work ::), let the crying recommence. :-\.

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
Re: Free plastic coated wire to use as plant ties.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 20:43:29 »
Just read the fine print first- Some of those packages from China warn that the twist ties have lead in them!
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

thifasmom

• Hectare
  • Growing my own, rocks!!! Maidstone, Kent.
    • Kella's Creative Wishes: Handmade Jewellery & Lots more.
Re: Free plastic coated wire to use as plant ties.
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 20:52:03 »
Just read the fine print first- Some of those packages from China warn that the twist ties have lead in them!

what!! :o why have they got them in with kids toys? ??? i will keep an eye out for this info in the future, thanks for the info Grannieannie.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal