Author Topic: Pyrography of a Kingfisher  (Read 3304 times)

Kingfisher

• Half Acre
  • My Allotment
Pyrography of a Kingfisher
« on: September 08, 2008, 23:35:24 »

This is my hobby, Drawing on wood with a burning pen, hope you like some of my pics. Janet

Wedding tokens

Wedding tokens, you can have the ribbon same colour as wedding theme, the names of Bride & Groom, Date of wedding, or anything you would like Pyrographed on to them, I also do rolling Pins, pic to follow hope you like them. Jan
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 00:01:28 by Kingfisher »

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
Re: Pyrography of a Kingfisher
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 00:30:29 »
These are lovely Jan, you are very talented  :D
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

Kingfisher

• Half Acre
  • My Allotment
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 01:32:13 »
Thank you Star,  :)

Kingfisher

• Half Acre
  • My Allotment
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 17:04:04 »
Here they are !!

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 21:21:24 »
Now that's what I call creative. I do a bit of that so I know the work that goes into it. (Blowing the smoke away as you work don't 'alf give you a thirst, eh?)
 You have an eye for detail.....start selling, make a bob or two. Well done.

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 22:14:55 »
I agree with Ken, you could sell a fair few of those.......... coming up to xmas as well ;) :D

How much beer do you get through Ken, I mean in respect of smoke induced thirst? ( of course) ;D ;D
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 23:06:52 »
Beautiful work :)

Kingfisher

• Half Acre
  • My Allotment
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008, 12:50:02 »
Now that's what I call creative. I do a bit of that so I know the work that goes into it. (Blowing the smoke away as you work don't 'alf give you a thirst, eh?)
 You have an eye for detail.....start selling, make a bob or two. Well done.

Thank you KenKew, there is a lot of work that goes into them, you say that you do pyrography also why not put some of yours on too, thank youfor your comments

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2008, 13:17:31 »
I don't hang-on to what I do, I use it for some of my sticks, names and a message. I add a bit to wood bases for things I make, ashtray holders, twiggy's and nutties!
 I found the special Pyro wire tips hard to get hold of but I did get hold of the right wire in various gauges, so I manage to make my own.
 (My work is nothing like as skillful as yours.

Kingfisher

• Half Acre
  • My Allotment
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2008, 22:33:13 »
Thank you, you should try tracing a picture then burn it on to wood, believe it or not I only started doing Pyro last year, started by tracing pictures.

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2008, 23:00:26 »
Well then, you certainly seem to have the patience and skill needed for such work. Anyone can pyro, not everyone understands what's involved. Hitting a sap run or working curves for instance needs a fair amount of practice to deal with.
 My biggest project was working the outer and edging of a 2 ft piece of beech. I had to cut a beveled key-hole in the centre and pyro scrolls around it. I sweated on that for days. I'll never take on that sort of work again! Happy with the odd name and pic but that's about it!

(Start advertising on Ebuygumbuy on A4A. Every day items with a personal scroll/name is a seller.)

Kingfisher

• Half Acre
  • My Allotment
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2008, 23:25:14 »
well at least you had a go, but may be you went to big too fast, I started by drawing a little mouse, then moved on to something a bit bigger, the picture of Battle Abby took me a couple of weeks to do that one, but it all depends on the wood that you use, and also not to burn to deep, when I first started I burnt too deep, and did not get good results, and use the wire nib like a pen but keep it moving gently over the wood as if you a drawing a very faint line, you can always go over it again to darken it.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal