Author Topic: Very small Petunia?  (Read 882 times)

Nemesia

• Quarter Acre
Very small Petunia?
« on: August 23, 2008, 19:47:04 »
We had our flower show today and one lady won a First with a large pot of what looked like a small version of a petunia. It was a salmony colour and must have been pinched out an awful lot.  When I asked what the plant was she didn't seem to know (funny....?).    It was a sturdy plant i.e.it didn't seem to trail but was a perfect semi circle shape in a wide pot.

Any ideas as to what it could be?  I want to buy it but don't know whwere to start looking. Nearest thing I have found is an item in the Chiltern seeds catalogue but it described the flower as about 1.5" wide and these were not that large. The foliage was darkish green and not droppy.

jo9919

Re: Very small Petunia?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 20:12:45 »
The only thing I can think of is Million Bells, but it is a trailer.

Jo.

Nemesia

• Quarter Acre
Re: Very small Petunia?
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 18:24:03 »
Yes, a couple of people mentioned that at the show including the lady who grew it - very strange that she didn't really know. But, the flowers were really small bell shaped and the foliage was not droopy at all. Nevermind, I will keep searching. I'm annoyed really that my daughter had my digital camera with her in Spain - the one she bought me for my 70th ::)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal