Author Topic: 20th on the list  (Read 2429 times)

legless

• Hectare
  • Cheltenham, UK
20th on the list
« on: August 21, 2008, 14:02:19 »
for one and 35th for the other after 6 months on the list. that's not so bad is it? shouldn't be more than a couple of years I hope! The allotment lady at the council has been really helpful - she told me where the shortest list was (only a couple of month wait) and asked if i'd like to switch to that list but its too far.

Nothing else for it, i'm going to have to dig up the lawn.....

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: 20th on the list
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 10:51:54 »
Sometimes lists drop a lot all at once... a multi holder gives up, some of those on the list were on a list elsewhere and now have a plot... could get lucky! But the lawn can go anyway!  ;D

Flighty

• Hectare
    • Flighty's Plot
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 10:58:55 »
I would walk round both of them now and again to see if any plots look as though they've been given up. Likewise phone, or email, the lady to see if things have changed and also mention any plots that you've seen like that.
Flighty's plot,  http://flightplot.wordpress.com,  is my blog.

I support the Gardening with Disabilities Trust, http://www.gardeningwithdisabilitiestrust.org.uk

ugly gourd

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 11:50:42 »
Where I hold the list I get anyone on the list to phone me around this time of year ( when the rents are due) to confirm they are still interested Ive got 33 on my list but there is always a influx when there is some one on telly making it look simple!!! then when the programs finished they go on to something else!!

BrightLight

• Not So New ...
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 20:57:45 »
Heya Legless
I'm in the same boat as you i been on the list for over a year now, now 8 th on this list so hopefully this time next year i should have a lottie and its behind my house so all the better.

anyway hope you get your lottie soon lists are a pain  ;D
Plot 40B on Chaulden Site in Hemel Hempstead

Trevor_D

• Hectare
  • north-west London
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 20:58:35 »
The speed at which the list moves depends on all sorts of factors, but it helps if someone is moving it along. Last June I inherited a waiting list of 12 (with several empty plots!). Some dropped out, but most were given plots; meanwhile others added themselves, so I worked through the next lot; finally I allocated a plot to the last applicant (who had phoned me that morning) and I had no waiting list! Since then, I've had at least one inquiry a week. I've just opened up four new plots and currently have a waiting list just into double figures!

Keep plugging away. (And what use is a lawn anyway? Dig it up!)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal