Author Topic: tomato blight  (Read 1353 times)

bazzysbarn

• Half Acre
tomato blight
« on: August 14, 2008, 21:51:17 »
Have lost at least a quarter of our tomatoes to blight. Can anyone recomend anything to stop it so we dont lose the rest

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
Re: tomato blight
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 22:08:58 »
Once you've got it, it's really too late.  You could try spraying with either Bordeaux Mix or Dithane but I think it will only delay the inevitable a little.  You could take off all the decent size fruits, take them indoors to ripen and just leave the immature fruits on the plant and hope you can hold the blight off long enough for them to get to maturity.

bazzysbarn

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 22:40:30 »
Thanks Ceres  will try spraying them. Did take some of the fruits off and kept them in the garage but i think they might have it as well.

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 23:00:45 »
I cut the trusses off mine today and am going to try to ripen them indoors.  Don't know why I have got it - it doesn't seem to have affected my immediate neighbours this year and I have been grubbing up volunteers.  I am well hacked off!!! >:(
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 23:23:02 »
Last year I had blight on my toms, but I sprayed with Murphy's copper fungicide when I noticed it. I took off the worst affected fruits and left the rest until they were ready to harvest and I still had loads. I squished cooked and froze the ones that I had to cut bits out of. The Murphys seemed to halt the blight anyhow.
Smile, it confuses people.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal