Author Topic: help with an apple,lappie not fruit!  (Read 1332 times)

elvis2003

• Hectare
help with an apple,lappie not fruit!
« on: August 09, 2008, 14:15:17 »
folks,hope one of you lovelies can help.ive been looking at the apple help section and it doesnt make any sense,anyone know which is the option key??? ive an old ish ibook (12 inch) that is freezing during start up,just as it gets to start log in window stage. before i smash it into tiny pieces with frustartion,anyone got any better ideas? id hate to lose all my photos,or itunes! thanks most humbly in advance,rach x
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
Re: help with an apple,lappie not fruit!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 14:52:03 »
The Option key is located between the Control key and Command key on a typical Mac keyboard. For desktop keyboards, there are usually two, while a laptop may have only one to make room for the arrow keys (the current MacBook Pros have an enter key in place of the second option key). The key is typically marked "alt" as well.

Your problem sounds like it may be an extension conflict, instructions on how to resolve the problem can be found here.
http://www.essentialmac.com/fix/extconflict.html

elvis2003

• Hectare
Re: help with an apple,lappie not fruit!
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 15:04:22 »
thanks so much,again baccyman! i tried  that but it was like reading a foreign languauge im afraid,and involved my being able to get a screen up. ive just discovered we have a brand new apple store here in liverpool (im jumping for joy!) so will take it in there tomorrow.cheers  for your much appreaciated help x
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal