Author Topic: My chooks on greetings cards  (Read 1691 times)

Old bird

• Hectare
My chooks on greetings cards
« on: July 31, 2008, 14:56:21 »
Hi all

Was really excited on Tuesday when allotment neighbour (who I had been to collect her dozen chickens from the Battery Hens Welfare Trust on Sunday) gave me a greetings card (blank inside) from a guy who came up to visit her new girls - who it must be said are nearly totally bald of feathers - and was going to photograph before and after shots!

He came up to visit mine and we were all standing around chatting and he was doing is photographing thing etc - thought no more about it - until the card arrived on Tuesday!

Wow what a lovely picture of my "girls" so I ordered another 20 cards from him (he has a card shop in town) and he is going to do my dogs and hen at home which I will plan for Christmas/anytime cards!  It certainly will "personalise" the cards and as I am an old meany - will take less effort from me!!  He normally charges £1.50 but is doing them for £1 without sellophane wrap - which I thought was pretty reasonable!

Girls doing well still - I am getting 9 - 11 eggs daily and yesterday had a HUGE egg - which I duly cooked for supper and it was my first double yolker!  Brilliant!

Love them all! - they all have different personalities - something which I never realised before when I had chickens.  Then, they were purely functional and were not friendly and did not like petting!

Old Bird
 ;D

teresa

• Hectare
  • Happy gardening
Re: My chooks on greetings cards
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 23:43:25 »
That is a lovely idea hens on a xmas card, think I will try to do my own should be fun.
Yes each one has its own qurks the more time you spend with them you can see the difference.
Breed has nothing to do with it I have a silkie hen who wants to boss me around and a welsummer x warren hen all she wants is a cuddle and jump on my shoulder. I look like Long John Silver now that would make a good card.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal