Author Topic: One of my resident frogs...  (Read 2460 times)

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
One of my resident frogs...
« on: August 09, 2004, 09:41:44 »
Awaiting the water...

gone to pot :D

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Re:One of my resident frogs...
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2004, 13:15:52 »
That looks more like a toad to me.  Aren't they just great!  I was cutting the grass yesterday and one leaped out of the bushes, clean over the lawn mower, and one bounce later, hit the pond water.  Amazing amphibs!

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2004, 13:20:34 »
oh - maybe I'm wrong but I thought the brown ones were toads and the spotty ones were frogs. Also this one was very jumpy, whereas toads tend to crawl and seem slower.

Need a expert to confirm!
gone to pot :D

Margaret

• Hectare
  • My precious granddaughter Lauren
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2004, 14:38:49 »
Difficult one!! it has the exact markings of a frog............but it looks as if it has a warty skin,which is the main way of telling the difference.Both come in different shades of green and brown,and both crawl and hop!! but generally toads are slower,yes.

I was out last night in the front garden, collecting slugs  for my frogs in the back garden,and hand feeding them(almost) ;D  At least they die knowing they have provided food for something else!!
Margaret

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2004, 00:36:58 »
Tis hard to be sure, but if it was a jumpy little amphib, then I guess it was a froggie.  Ava found one tonite when we were out slug hunting, romantic I know, and he was very upright, bright lime green, and jumped higher than a double decker bus!

Who me, exagerate, not in a zillion years!  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal