Author Topic: Looking for Huggs  (Read 3203 times)

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
Looking for Huggs
« on: August 08, 2004, 20:09:26 »
I don’t know why I am telling you of my failures but I do need a shoulder to cry on right now. :'(  I recently reduced the size of our pond by two thirds as I am not getting any younger and needing more elbow room in the garden as it is sooooooo small. :-[
Anyway the pond is finished (I thought) and I am quite pleased with the result, except ::)….IT LEAKS BWAAAAAAAR BOO HOO WHAAALE, :'( :'( :'( not only that but it leaked the fist attempt :'( :'( when I made use of the old liner, Ha I hear you say serves you right you should have been more careful, ??? This time as it was a brand new liner I took every precaution (except that one) :-[ I vacuumed up every particle as I worked my way round inside the pond I went in bare foot, :o put 3 inches of soft sand on the base added linen around the walls and it LEAKED. :'( :'( :'(

I am tempted to fill it in and grow a palm tree in the middle Phaa. >:(
Here’s the Pond picky, garden not finished. (Ha nor the pond).  >:( >:(www.rrbg06748.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/pond8.jpg

Gardengirl Pat I didn’t pinch your pebble idea as I didn’t trust my building skills or lack of them,but would have loved to have used it. :)

Roy :'( :'( :'(

eileen

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re:Looking for Huggs
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2004, 22:26:11 »
There, there Roy it'll all come right in the end!!!

Let me kiss it better for you  :-* :-* how's that?!?

Seriously though - really frustrating after all the effort you put into ensuring everything was 'just right'. Hope you find the leak and get the pond up and running soon.

Eileen.

EILEEN.

Life is like nectar sweet but sometimes sticky.

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2004, 17:32:05 »
 ;D ;D ;D aah! thanks Eileen ;D ;D I feel so much better now :-*a problem shared as they say. Still not solved it yet but my pecker is up :o now thank you ;)

Roy ;D

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2004, 18:48:57 »
Roy, just wanted to say that I love your pond.  It looks like an amazing tropical bath in the jungle.  I could just see me in there having a soak(just like Jane in the jungle)   surrounded by all that fantastic greenery and the odd fishy or two.  Fantastic.

Forgot to add:- would have to have a large strawberry daquari  to slurp while I was in there too ;)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2004, 18:51:00 by Mimi »
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

Spurdie

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2004, 19:22:12 »
Hello, Roy  ;D
Loved the pic of your "outdoor room" - it looks right out of the pages of a posh mag article on a celebrity's gaaden dahling!  8)
Are you planning on some large leafy plants to surround it?
Re your leaky liner: dinna greet, it'll a come right in the end!

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2004, 19:26:40 »
Roy, you really didn't need to pinch my ideas - you have made a great job of your pond.  Sorry about the leak, but I am sure it will come good in the end.  Sending you lots of big hugs
Happy gardening all...........Pat

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2004, 13:49:53 »
Thanks for the encouraging and kind words girls, ;) everything seemed to come to a standstill since the dreaded leak. ::) I am working on a way to replace the liner without having to remove all the edging timber. :-\

I’ll show you some more piccys when the rest of the garden finally gets straight. :)

Roy ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal