Author Topic: Public Indemnity Insurance  (Read 2136 times)

Cruz

• Not So New ...
Public Indemnity Insurance
« on: July 21, 2008, 00:09:18 »
Our local council has told us we must put together an Allotment Holders' Association to manage affairs on our site. We have done this, electing a committee of three to oversee the transition. However, is it necessary for us to take our public indemnity insurance given that we still hold tenancy agreements issued by the Council?
If we must, is there any way of doing this without having to join a national allotment association? This would work out slightly too expensive, since £50.00 membership plus £2/3 per member for the insurance might be a bit dear.
Do any allotments out there have this type of insurance only with an insurance company? Can you give me names of companies offering it and an idea of price?
Many thanks.

Larkshall

• Hectare
  • Near Cambourne (Cambs.)
    • Ellis Rowell's Website
Re: Public Indemnity Insurance
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 06:56:01 »
As far as I know, it is no different to a small business. If this is the case you can approach insurance companies for a quotation for "Public Liability Insurance". I would expect they would want reasonable security of the site, but that would be the case with the Allotment Assn. policy as well.
Organiser, Mid Anglia Computer Users (Est. 1988)
Member of the Cambridge Cyclists Touring Club

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal