Author Topic: new green house  (Read 2113 times)

mark45

• Half Acre
new green house
« on: July 11, 2008, 16:40:41 »
my wife has bought me a new greenhouse, 8ft by 6ft, to my amazment it came in a flat pack kind of stile. class all in boxes and all the frame work in a box with the screws nuts and bolts.this was over a week ago i got the fram work together in sections and thats as far as i got,its a night mare. i thought these tings came in sections made up so you just have to screw them together regret getting it now lol.

AndrewB

• Half Acre
Re: new green house
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 14:08:30 »
I sympathise, same thing happened to me, was a nightmare.  I built it inside out the first time, managed to "sort of" build it the second time, wind destroyed it - bought another frame, wind destroyed that one, gave up.   I am desperately rubbish at that kind of thing though.  Now thinking of a polytunnel but nervous about building that.  I'm sure you will have better luck than me - best of luck and enjoy it when its up.

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 16:46:36 »
go and take some photo's of some already erected at a Garden Centre. Use these as a guide. Also, it's a two person job! ;)
You couldn't make it up!

mark45

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 18:42:02 »
hi lol. with the help of my good wife we got the green house up and it looks good. what would we do without the woman i wont have done it without her help,see that im going to be spending a lot of time in there

mark45

• Half Acre
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 18:45:09 »
hey toney the pis you got there say east Norfolk. where you from then mate i from Norwich origanaly live here in yorkshire for the past 3 years but part from that i lioved in Norwich all my life

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 15:48:47 »
Click on my user name on left of screen, my profile will show on screen! ;)
You couldn't make it up!

mark45

• Half Acre
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 20:09:03 »
did that, ho we do like to be beside the sea side ho we do like to be beside the sea, lol.use to do my sea fishing there mate i do miss back home Norfolk a grate place, maybe one day i will return home.

Plot69

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 09:19:10 »
Now thinking of a polytunnel but nervous about building that. 

I, rather stupidly, volunteered to erect a polly tunnel for someone at my lotty site. Never agin! It's only 9x6 and I've never done anything so piddling fiddly in my life.

I used to want a nice long polly tunnel, I don't now.
Tony.

Sow it, grow it, eat it.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal