Author Topic: Catching up at last  (Read 1576 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Catching up at last
« on: August 05, 2004, 22:13:34 »
Went to the plot tonite, and picked my first cucumber!  Pascal I think the variety was, and it was the only plant that survived the slug attack that wiped out a fair few of my seedlings whilst they were still in the greenhouse.  Picked my 6th courgette and had a fondle of my corns as a couple have brown tastles, but they still fell pointy, so will examine again after the weekend. Filled a carrier bag with runner and french beans. In the greenhouse  my aubergine is now about the size of a goose egg, and there are another 6 catching up fast.  I have chillies and peppers of all shapes, sizes and colours.

All in all, the allotment is being extremely productive, and forgiving, after all, if it hasn't fallen from the sky, once in, it hasn't been watered !  :o

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
Re:Catching up at last
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2004, 06:10:21 »
And now it's from impatience to 'oh, God, I've got to go & pick the beans again'. 'And who can we give them to??' Funny world!!

The only coloured pepper here is one that is rotting. = Tim

GardnerJ

• Acre
  • Oh my God I have Allot-Mania!
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2004, 08:31:03 »
Great EJ! I can't wait to actually get my allotment plot! Everything i grow is in my garden at the mo but i have a feeling i will need to use my garden as an overflow allotment!
Jemma x

Multiveg

• Hectare
  • Oops, been gone a while, but still allotmenting.
    • Forum
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2004, 12:38:14 »
Have one plot plus overflow in garden - need another plot as I am seriously considering digging up the weedy lawn and putting spuds there with washing on the line overhead....
Allotment Blog - http://multiveg.wordpress.com/
Musings of a letter writer, stamp user and occasional Postcrosser - http://correspondencefan.blogspot.co.uk/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal