Author Topic: Neighbour's Cat - Help  (Read 2024 times)

Brogusblue

• Acre
  • I love roses and have nearly 80 of them.
    • SRS - Shredder Repair Services
Neighbour's Cat - Help
« on: June 23, 2008, 16:59:45 »
Hello

Several of neighbours has cats there is about 12 cats in the area and has been for a few years and they have never bothered me i have a friendly grey cat that visits me while i am in the garden and my dogs don't seem bothered by this cat i always give a fuss and a stoke and sometimes a piece of ham, But lately i have had cat hell about 4 evenings ago there was a huge cat fight in my garden i when out next morning and all my newly planted border was all over the place and in the border was a lot of cat fur & blood and and 2 tips of ears ....  :-X yuk cleared that lot up and lost a lot of my plants due to this so today i was resting as my shoulder is playing up Mr B my dog when out in the garden and came back and was telling me something was wrong the garden i when out there and to my horror 2 cats where in the border again digging away trying to bury 2 birds 1 was a pigeon :) and the other was a baby robin  :'( so i am totally p***ed off sorry for rant i love cat's but when they do stuff like this it annoys me. So basically what can i do to stop it and why all of a sudden they are doing this?? i know it wasn't the little grey cat as it's too shy.

Cheers
Brogusblue

ps.

Sorry for rant  ::)
I have been infected by the "rose virus"  ... I have surrendered to my addiction gracefully. There's no recovery"   On the other hand, imagine life without roses – a dreadful thought!

The Royal National Rose Society
                                     www.rnrs.org

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
Re: Neighbour's Cat - Help
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 18:25:28 »
Have they made a territorial claim over the grey one's patch? I find a well aimed hose gives my little (fairly gentle & useless at killing) cat the backup she needs against the local thugs...

sarah

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 10:53:44 »
sounds pretty upsetting for you . sounds like these two cats are vying for territory. i'm no expert in thesethings but i thinkits unusual for cats to bury birds isnt it? i think the water treatment is a good one and i am sure one way or another it will sort itself out . good luck

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 23:36:08 »
I throw a tumbler of water at my own cats if they DARE to dig my veg beds. They have got the general idea now I think.

Our main problem is Toms.....they pee up the back and front doors of our house. I scrub them every day with disinfectant and have sprinkled, liberally, cayenne pepper as well. But it still happens >:(

Blessed nuisance they are >:( >:( >:(
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal