Author Topic: Strawberry jam - my first ever attempt!!!!!!!!  (Read 1690 times)

Angelah

• Not So New ...
Strawberry jam - my first ever attempt!!!!!!!!
« on: June 14, 2008, 21:39:46 »
And it's soooooooo yummy!!! It looks like its setting ok. Tastes just like the proper jam my gran used to make. Can't believe how little it makes though!!! We get through so much strawberry jam I thought we'd be better off making our own, think it'll have to be a treat though!!

Got more to make tomorrow, plus loads of strawberried to puree and freeze as we love it with yoghurt etc.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: Strawberry jam - my first ever attempt!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 21:50:07 »
lovely, isn't it, I used to make lots of jam, ray's diabetic now so we have to content ourselves with eating them fresh and freezing for mousse, etc, congratulations, keep it all for yourselves  ;D

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 23:27:00 »
MMMm, I can smell it from here! Nothing as fragrant as hot sugary strawberries! Good job.
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 17:11:33 »
Shame about the diabetic not being able to enjoy jam.

However, there is a recipe for diabetic jam using diabetic jelly to get the fruit to set, it does not keep for too long but if you get a lot of strawberries, it can be frozen and made in small batches.

A once in a while treat perhaps.

My dad had mature onset diabetes and the dietician told him he could substitute a home made scone for bread. So he would enjoy a scone and 'jam' with a squeeze of whipped cream after a healthy salad.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal