Author Topic: D-DAY, 6th June 1944  (Read 5522 times)

Mr Smith

• Hectare
Re: D-DAY, 6th June 1944
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2008, 18:00:08 »
I'll be watching C5 tonight my brother in law was a rear gunner on Lancasters and in our 'C' club we have an old Polish chap who also did this dangerous job so we could have freedom of speech sixty odd years later :)

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2008, 19:27:43 »
Oh, and by the way valmarg. I still don't know what a gobshite is :'(

Look in your OED.

My interpretation is slightly different:-

Gob = mouth
shite = crap.

Ergo someone who talks rubbish.

I shall now take lorna's advice.

This was quite a cheerful thread until you stepped in gazfoz.

There is a difference between 'opinion' and 'being opinionated'

valmarg

Gazfoz

• Acre
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2008, 21:13:40 »
Well I suppose that is your opinion ;D and I will defend with my life your right to it ::)

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2008, 21:42:14 »
Valmarg,
                 You can go on to any web- site on any subject and you will always find one, I don't mind opinions I have mine but I get called  bigot and rude, the anti posts that have ruined this string that have come from a poster IMHO amount to treason and suggest that  he leaves on  the next tide from Dover,  I will never insult the men and women who gave their lives for this great country of ours. But the work shy the scroungers the scum and piss takers that rip the system off, OHhhhhhhhh I'm starting to sound like a bigot again but  I've just been reading the posts on this string which I have tollerated so I can't be a bigot,  I will stop now before Gobshite kicks off ;)

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2008, 21:47:14 »
To be fair Mr Smith, your view that everyone who doesn't agree with you is a commie fascist Nazi loving drug dealing asylum seeker, is rather tedious. You've made your point. Several times. Did you enjoy the TV programme?

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2008, 11:29:59 »
Oliie,
             I did enjoy the programme  I don't know if you have ever been in a Lancaster Bomber but many years ago at Squires Gate airport they had one near the main gate,  the public  could have a look round the inside of the fuselage and cockpit, very small and claustrophobic inside so I have even more admiration for people like Mr Johnson and Ted. Yes I'm afraid I do harp on like many others that contribute to whatever takes their fancy :)   

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal