Author Topic: froggies  (Read 2860 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
froggies
« on: July 28, 2004, 18:08:25 »
Not suggesting that our resident frogs can't get out of the pond, but what would happen to a frog if he couldn't get out??  Ours have a lovely gentle slope in and out of the pond, and plenty of pots to clamber up on.  One evening the kids and I counted 8 frogs, all different sizes!  Just curious really.

Pixie

• Acre
  • Chorlton the magical happiness dragon
Re:froggies
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2004, 11:01:39 »
Not really sure - but my partner brought home some that he found down a drain at work as he was worried that they would drown! (city lad) we released them in our Landlords pond and they seem to be doing fine. :)

My grandad has an old bath buried in his back garden which he did have gold fish in when we were little, but the newts have appeared every year for as long as I can remember and they do okay even with the sharp sloping sides and only a couple of small rocks in the bottom (pebbles really)

Sam
"Jump in, we'll take you for a spin, and show you round the Wheelie World..."

Pixie

• Acre
  • Chorlton the magical happiness dragon
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2004, 11:04:39 »
Forgot to mention we looked up loads of info on www.allaboutfrogs.org before releasing the ones my partner brought home. They have a great website aimed at both kids and adults.
"Jump in, we'll take you for a spin, and show you round the Wheelie World..."

Val

• Hectare
  • I hate those mieces to pieces
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2004, 16:35:13 »
 :( Next door have a water feature that the frogs must have crawled in when young because when HB went to fix it for her he found a couple of dead frogs that couldn't get out they were too big, he said its got a small hole in the top. :(
"I always wanted to be somebody…but I should have been more specific."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal