Author Topic: Just call the expert.  (Read 1268 times)

ACE

• Hectare
Just call the expert.
« on: May 11, 2008, 19:41:36 »
I planned a big tidy in the garden today, everything going fine apart from the heat. I have a 'drinks' fridge in the  garage, so as I was perspiring very badly, I thought I would replace the liquid I was leaking out. Opened a 5lt. can of lidls wiessbeir. then the trouble started. Feeling bolder than ever, I decided to narrow the hedge a bit more than usual with my big super duper proffesional hedgecutting machine..

A big shout from indoors told me the telephone had just gone dead on her, ten minutes later she shouted that the telly won't work properly. So I sat down and had another drinky winky and said I would look into it after I had finished the hedge. Started raking up the cuttings and found a couple of bits of wire they turned out to be the cable conection to the telly, computor and phone. They had only been laid in the bottom of the hedge, instead of being buried.

Bugger! better have another drink. Too hot to carry on so I sat out on the patio drinking and playing on my mandolin. Then the thought hit me if I get a connecting block I can quickly join the wires up and Bobs your uncle! WRONG, 18 wires to be joined and the drink had made me think I am the greatest cable engineer on earth, and I am because everything is up and running again. A huge great connecting block covered in gaffer tape has been shoved back in the hedge. So a celebratory drink was in order and I went to put the rest of the can back in the fridge only to find that someone had emptied it.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
Re: Just call the expert.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 20:37:38 »
Did you really say a 5Lt. can of beer? :o

Trevor_D

• Hectare
  • north-west London
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 20:45:39 »
Good stuff, gaffer tape. I've held scenery together with it, and even held lights up with it. (Health & Safety please ignore this last remark!) I also use it to hold the ends of the guttering in which I grow my peas.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 20:59:12 »
Did you really say a 5Lt. can of beer? :o

Luverly stuff, get one from lidls next time you are in there only £9.99, all gone now so back to the pint bottles of old speckled hen  tonight.

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 21:43:13 »
welllllllllll, today involed moving a greenhouse to my plot with OH and a mate, I was diigging the soil over whilst they watched me with a heineken! ;D ;D Have made up since with some chardonay! ;)
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 00:05:12 »
hehehehe Ace.

Me, I lounged in the garden with the rellies guzzling several bottles of stella.  Lovely day.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal