Author Topic: what is your claim to fame?  (Read 9716 times)

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: what is your claim to fame?
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2008, 22:21:31 »
I'm so boring that the best I can do is TA's at school keep telling me that former pupils sing my praises on myspace!!!
 :-[

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2008, 22:25:07 »

Is there a gigs list on the site? if so it may well be added to in the next few weeks months, I just got word from Nik's girlfriend that I may have to update his gig list and by the sounds of it Beggsie and ko will be hitting the road too.

Yep they are doing Bratislava, Denmark and Scotland apparently so far......

the London Boys - where did you drag that up from sheddie - it's like looking at Peter Andre with extra tackiness added! scary stuff lol  (my abject apologies if you are in fact one of the London Boys rofl) and Frank Carson was fab, his mother in law jokes were usually the best lol

Was never a fan of Ken Dodd but remember by Nan being in absolute stitches the minute he opened his mouth lol - me, I was a Russ Abbot fan!  ;D
What I lack in ability and experience, I make up for in sheer enthusiasm!!!

keef

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2008, 22:33:05 »
Not really a claim to fame - but one night when pissed up, walking out of Kings College Cambridge with a friend - i said "All right mate" to Steven Hawkins who was coming the other way with an harem of fit Thai nurses... never waited for his reply though. The next day we were stopped by Peter Ustinov and asked for directions to the Corn Exchange.
Straight outt'a compton - West Berkshire.

Please excuse my spelling, i am an engineer

Uncle Joshua

• Hectare
    • nikkershaw.net
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2008, 22:37:52 »

Is there a gigs list on the site? if so it may well be added to in the next few weeks months, I just got word from Nik's girlfriend that I may have to update his gig list and by the sounds of it Beggsie and ko will be hitting the road too.

Yep they are doing Bratislava, Denmark and Scotland apparently so far......

As far as I know there will be more coming up but I wouldn't want to give anything away,  Kaj do have a (very poor) forum which gets updated more than the website but I still seem to know what the boys are doing before both of them.

sheddie

• Acre
  • Gateshead
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2008, 22:41:06 »
Hi Posie,

The London Boys were class - backflips on top of the pops! - can't remember anyone else doing that!..

Harlem Desire is ringing in my head now! - ha, ha, ha, ha Harlem......

Sadly, they were both killed in 1996 - car accident in the Alpines - a sad loss to the world indeed :-[
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2008, 22:41:20 »
Keef the only answer to that is "Jesus" ... a Cambridge joke...
 ;D

greenfingers 1970

• Not So New ...
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2008, 22:43:39 »
I used to garden for Sir Ian Mckellen's ( Lord of the Rings etc) sister Jean, until she sadly passed away.

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2008, 22:47:20 »
I shared a box with Angie Bowie, David Bowie's then wife at one of his concerts in 1973 - the Ziggy Stardust era.

More recently, Bob Flowerdew answered my question on GQT!

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2008, 23:05:12 »
Top this then...I had a drink in a bar in Malta with JESS
CONRAD  :o :o :o ;  ;D ;D (you remember, he sung that lovely song about a pullover that his bird had knitted)
Met Bernard Lee in another bar in Rochester, I think I hung around in bars too much in my yoof ;) ;D
Smile, it confuses people.

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2008, 23:19:12 »
The London Boys were class - backflips on top of the pops! - can't remember anyone else doing that!..
Brilliant. Funnily enough I have their album on cassette & was trying to look for it on CD only last week;  but to no avail as yet.
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

djbrenton

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2008, 23:21:34 »
Due to the business I used to be in ( entertainment) the list of famous people I've met is endless so the one claim to fame I'll mention is that I was an 'expert' on the Generation Game back in Brucie's day making balloon models.

I've also had a cup of tea made for me by the World Tea Tasting champion in Kuala Lumpur. It wasn't bad.

sheddie

• Acre
  • Gateshead
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2008, 23:25:25 »
I've also had a cup of tea made for me by the World Tea Tasting champion in Kuala Lumpur. It wasn't bad.

Brilliant!! - Hannah Hauxwell would be proud! - she loved a proper cuppa! ;D
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

djbrenton

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2008, 23:28:32 »
I was somewhat surprised to find he didn't use a tea cosy though. Maybe you don't need on in warmer climes.

sheddie

• Acre
  • Gateshead
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2008, 23:33:37 »
Its a break away from tradition though..a cosy should be used and it should be knitted and multicoloured in my opinion!

Lauren S

• Hectare
  • Delightful Devon
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2008, 23:44:40 »

Hannah Hauxwell

Now she was a lady made of strong stuff. I enjoyed that programme about her. I was delighted when she moved into a nice warm cottage.
:) Net It Or You Won't Get It  :)

greyhound

• Hectare
  • The Kingdom of Wessex
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2008, 00:01:16 »
Not really a claim to fame - but one night when pissed up, walking out of Kings College Cambridge with a friend - i said "All right mate" to Steven Hawkins who was coming the other way with an harem of fit Thai nurses... never waited for his reply though. The next day we were stopped by Peter Ustinov and asked for directions to the Corn Exchange.

You forgot to say about the time David McCallum gave your Mum a lift.  ;D

keef

• Hectare
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2008, 00:52:07 »

You forgot to say about the time David McCallum gave your Mum a lift.  ;D

Does'nt really count as i'm sure she had no idea who he was  :D
Straight outt'a compton - West Berkshire.

Please excuse my spelling, i am an engineer

Eristic

• Hectare
  • NW London (Brent)
    • Down the Plot
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2008, 02:19:27 »
One of my obscure claims to fame... I coined the expression Green Dalek for plastic compost bins.

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2008, 07:16:10 »
I know the cousin of Shaking Stevens and the sister of a member of Basement Jaxx. Does that count  ? ;D  Oh, and my mother won the Caerphilly District in Bloom competition.

Always the bridesmaid, never the bride............... ;D

cj :)

norfolklass

• Hectare
  • Norwich - a fine city
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2008, 09:37:38 »
claim to fame, or claim to shame?!? I've been kissed by Keith Chegwin :-[
the Saturday Swapshop came to the Hatfield forum and I got picked from the audience to go up on stage to win a goodie bag. I had to eat more jam sandwiches than the other kid. I hate jam, but I still won – oh, the determination of a small child! the goodie bag then got nicked by someone in the row in front of me... I was scarred for life (by both!)

and my mum went to school with one of the blokes in Blake's Seven (can't remember which one though ::))

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal