Author Topic: anyone got a karcher pressure washer?  (Read 11822 times)

debster

• Hectare
anyone got a karcher pressure washer?
« on: April 23, 2008, 19:23:21 »
ok have purchased a karcher pressure washer, just a little one, they are on offer at b and q £38 or so, anyone got one, instruction leaflet bit sketchy anyone know what the bit that says
' according to the applicable regulations the appliance must never be used on the drinking water net without a system seperator. use a suitable system seperator manufactured by karcher'

??????????????????
all i want to know can i connect it to the tap via the connector i use for the hose pipe???

Thegoodlife

• Half Acre
Re: anyone got a karcher pressure washer?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 19:25:07 »
you will be fine just hook it up to the mains it will be ok :)
today i will be growin veg!!

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 19:26:07 »
thank you will try playing tomorrow, what does it mean though
 ???

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 19:57:25 »
i usually connect my garden hose to a connector i clamp on to my mixer tap in the kitchen can i still do that or do i need an anti syphon thingy ma jig  ???

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 20:41:52 »
I hav had a pressure washer for years not a Karcher, but with mine it is just a direct connection to the outside tap and a connection to the washer and away you go :)

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 20:58:21 »
apparantly outside taps are automatically fitted with these anti syphon devices sadly i dont have an outside tap so use a fitting clamped to my inside mixer tap. think the anti syphon thingy is mandatory for anyone using a pressure washer of any make

Lauren S

• Hectare
  • Delightful Devon
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 21:07:47 »
what does it mean though
 ???

Hubby says...It's not worth worrying about...But he advises that once you have finished using the washer and or hose it's good practise to turn the water supply off immediately.

Debs it's just a paragraph they put into their blurb to cover their ar*ses.

As an example...
You live near the top of a hill and you decide to water a thirsty tree. You leave the hose going and the end of the hose is resting in a muddy puddle under the tree. Down the hill is a huge factory or apartment block....they have a fire and all the sprinkler systems get set off. There, then, isn't enough water to pump up to your tree hose and the system then sucks back taking in the dirty water and soil too...Hence contaminating the water supply.

Hubby says in risk assessments he has only experienced this once, it's very rare, don't worry about it, just turn off when finished the project.

Strange you should mention power washers, I used mine today and now patios and steps are gleaming white again.  8)
:) Net It Or You Won't Get It  :)

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 21:18:20 »
thanks Lauren i really cant see it being a major problem anyway cos the fitting on the tap would let any water that came back out the gaps around the side thanks for putting my mind at rest though will go out and play tomorrow

Lauren S

• Hectare
  • Delightful Devon
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 21:23:50 »
will go out and play tomorrow

Make sure you have suitable waterproofs on (clothes and feet). It might just be me   ::), but you will end up soaking wet from the splash back...especially from any corners  ;D...Best bet would be to wear your bikini  :o and flip flops and save on the laundry  ;D  ;D  ;D
:) Net It Or You Won't Get It  :)

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 21:29:21 »
...Best bet would be to wear your bikini  :o and flip flops and save on the laundry  ;D  ;D  ;D

Let me know if you need a hand.

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2008, 21:32:06 »
sounds a bit like when i shower a patient in the wet room at work lol

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2008, 21:32:43 »
actually ACE wasnt gonna bother with the bikini what do you think  ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal