Author Topic: I want privacy!!  (Read 6240 times)

Kea

• Hectare
Re: I want privacy!!
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2008, 11:33:50 »
Yes my neighbour has one and  it's either on the lawn with kids bouncing on it from dawn to dusk in the summer and looking over the fence all the time or in it's storage position  on it's side down the side of their house but in full view of my entire garden all winter. I've got trellis and tall plants but they're teenagers so they bounce high.

raisedbedted

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2008, 11:41:50 »
My thoughts are...

1) Start bee keeping.
2) Use lots of fish blood and bone along that side of the garden, or chicken manure, particularly in summer, or even better home made nettle brew.
3) wait till next years fad comes along then get the trampoline as a great brassica cage.
4)  Plant some willow withies against the fence, they will hit 10-15' within 18 months and not too fat.
5) start sun bathing naked - it would stop them if it was me  ;)

RBT
Best laid plans and all that

philandjan

• Half Acre
  • It wasn't us!
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2008, 14:02:52 »
Two gun towers linked by an observation deck, provided that you don't need planning permission, sound attractive.

8)
Once upon a time we were the newbies from Harley allotments. Now we're old codgers!

flowerlady

• Hectare
  • "Tug-o-Weeed!"
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2008, 15:59:19 »
Two gun towers linked by an observation deck, provided that you don't need planning permission, sound attractive.

8)

Maybe even 'night ops' and a sharp knife!  >:(

My heart goes out to you ... we have one next to us ... but little lad is only 6 ... HOWEVER ... it's WEEEEEE .... WEEEEEE .... WEEEEEE .... every jump that goes with it that drives up MAD :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

... after the hops what about Virginia Creeper or Vitis??? Lovely big leaves 8)
To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven: a time to be born and time to die: a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted.     Ecclesiastes, 3:1-2

Norfolk n Proud

• Half Acre
  • From humble beginnings...
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2008, 18:01:41 »
My thoughts are...

1) Start bee keeping.
2) Use lots of fish blood and bone along that side of the garden, or chicken manure, particularly in summer, or even better home made nettle brew.
3) wait till next years fad comes along then get the trampoline as a great brassica cage.
4)  Plant some willow withies against the fence, they will hit 10-15' within 18 months and not too fat.
5) start sun bathing naked - it would stop them if it was me  ;)

RBT
I love the ideas Ted, they gave me a really good chuckle, but also some interesting takes on how to disguise it. Nice one  :)
Thas a rummun !!

Gazfoz

• Acre
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2008, 18:29:45 »
Leylandii. The seventies scourge of suberbia. Yes, not only fast growing but tall enough to throw their garden into complete shade depending on the aspect of your garden. Plant these babies and the for sale sign will follow.
Fight fire with fire.
Gary.

Norfolk n Proud

• Half Acre
  • From humble beginnings...
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2008, 19:35:28 »
Blimey Gaz, you know it's bad when the Leylandii come out. I did see giant bamboo that grow to around 70 foot high.  :o :o Now THAT would be a sight to see.
Thas a rummun !!

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2008, 16:38:30 »
What do you do about the noise though that's what bothers me they seem to start so early in the morning...the teenagers have a younger brother!

flowerlady

• Hectare
  • "Tug-o-Weeed!"
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2008, 16:44:07 »
As you are living next door ... tactfully negotiate a no jump time-zone ??  :-\

... luckily for me a have a friendly neighbour (so far) and I can tease the little one quite pointedly which puts my case, but doesn't accuse anyone, ... and so far has had absolutely no effect !! ::) ;D
To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven: a time to be born and time to die: a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted.     Ecclesiastes, 3:1-2

Lacelotte

• Half Acre
  • Livin', lovin', lovin' livin' it's all good!
    • Britons Against The 'Church' of $cientology
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2008, 16:47:32 »
Providing you put them in something to restrict thier growth, Jerusalem artichokes would make a brilliant screen. Mine grew to about 8/9 foot high last year, they flower later on and best of all you get something to dig up afterwards!!

You can also cut them down when finished and use the stalks as climbing poles for peas, beans etc next year

raisedbedted

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2008, 22:17:32 »
Yes great idea, and after eating some of those tubers you will be able to create your own anti social behaviour. ;D
Best laid plans and all that

Lacelotte

• Half Acre
  • Livin', lovin', lovin' livin' it's all good!
    • Britons Against The 'Church' of $cientology
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2008, 00:34:24 »
Ppprrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtttttttttttt!!! What ever could you mean Ted?  ;D

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2008, 07:50:33 »
Has any one mentioned Morning Glory?

That grows quite high fairly quickly.

However, these people will no doubt bounce about for a bit, get thirsty, get drunk,  be sick and the novelty will wear off.

Thegoodlife

• Half Acre
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2008, 16:19:27 »
creep into the garden one night a take all the springs off ;D, that will stop them
today i will be growin veg!!

aromatic

• Half Acre
  • Lavender flowers yield abundant nectar
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2008, 17:03:33 »
 ;D Get one of your own and jump in unison and wheeeeeeeeee all at the same time.....  so noise and nosiness go hand in hand if you get my drift!!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!**!!                                                               
God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done.  ~Author Unknown

Love aromatic xxx

floraldi

• Half Acre
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2008, 17:57:41 »
Hi Star, i hadn't thought about climbers or hops, i reckon if i got some tall trellis, they would grow in no time. You are indeed a Star :)
Keep your ideas coming!!

Hop plants do grow very fast but they will not survive over winter I don't think.  If you try them make sure you get the golden one. It has very nice leaves and all those lovely hops. It's called Humulus Lupulus Aureus. chiltern seeds sell them if no one else does.

flowerofshona2007

• Hectare
  • Flowerofshona
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2008, 18:25:52 »
We have the very same problem here !! and every darn kid in the area comes round to stare over our way !!!!!!!! Wouldnt be so bad if they put the darn thing at the bottom of their pig sty of a garden but that would mean clearing away the rubbish and weeds !!
I totally agree they are an invasion of privacy and should be BANNED !
Hubby says a stanly knife on a cane at night will do the trick  ;D
Im putting up 3ft trellis and even thinking of going for the dreaded Russian vine !! it does have a lovely smell and is sooo fast, dont panick im used to dealing with it as we had it in our last garden and was used to cutting it back every week  :lol

loopyloulou

• Acre
  • oh my... thats a LOT of couch grass....
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2008, 21:07:06 »
my neighbours lad spends all his time thudding a sodding football off the wall and its driven me insane, for the whole of the 5 nearly 6yrs weve been here, and until we had the garage built he used 2 creep into our garden and stare at me till i saw him and then had the worste verbal diarreah known to man!

if theyre making a racket id start making youre own...deffo agree with the manure, oh and what about creosote? noisy lawn mowers headge trimmers for the leylandii (my dad loves his connifers!!!) wind chimes and so on maybe you could start listening to loud music???

sunbathing naked might make them want to look more, and invite friends to look, id probably sit taking the mikey wee ohh ahh and holding cards up, making comments like simon cowell etc (sorry hormones!)

itll all be worth it tho when one of the buggers goes splat n u can have a quiet giggle as they hobble off wailing about it, now thatd put them off! could you move it mid jump???

otherwise if theyre friendly neighbours mention that you can bury the trampoline to the same level as the lawn n then they wont bounce as high... its less to mow too :) its what the oh family have (came with the house) id love a trampoline but i guess yes it is an invasion of privacy, any permanent structure that enabled the neighbours to view youre property could be complained to the council about..

all else fails im chopping at the ivy again soon, how many tonns do you want?? its the mean green im gonna take a wall down and eat a fence sort of stuff... it will grow thru to theyre side...guaranteed....
i think i like it here :D now who can tell me how to grow my own chocolate???

flowerofshona2007

• Hectare
  • Flowerofshona
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2008, 18:25:56 »
Well we have just been and bought the trellis and painted it ready to go up tomorow !!! also got a russian vine  8) going to cover 4 bits of trellis in a few weeks and no one is going to see into our garden (if we can still find it LOL )
It was going to be done anyway but the trampoline brough it forward !
Now how do i get hold of some acid that will burn though the metal springs  ;D

sandra Riley

• Not So New ...
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2008, 11:39:56 »
Why can't people just be more considerate ! We have had the football problem for 3 years and it reached its peak on Easter Sunday 15 lads playing football against my front window/wall, we have a joined front lawn with our neighbour and its been a bl***y nightmare !  Unfortunatley due to the nature of my husbands job we are stuck in these houses with these horrible neighbours, makes life a misery though!  We have all but moved in at the allotment, we barbequed there last night, its like heaven, such an escape!  I really hope you resolve yor probem.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal