Author Topic: Aw..........its getting there at last  (Read 3022 times)

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
Aw..........its getting there at last
« on: April 09, 2008, 23:34:13 »
Well thanks to my lubbli hubbli, he dug out the main bit and put in the carpet and liner. Today I buried the outside edge after filling with water last night and letting it settle. :D

I am thrilled to bits ;D ;D ;D, I have wanted it doing for such a long time. Too late for frogs this year, but no matter. I got a bucket of inoculation water from a local pond today with water Daphne, snails and weed. And lots of silt. I would rather have it right before frogs use it, there is still a lot to do yet.

I will take piccies and post our efforts very soon ;D

One question for those wot know, can we put in sticklebacks? They are native and we wondered if they would just breed to overflowing or only enough to occupy the space they have? What do they feed on? Is it a good/bad idea?

Help?.......................Thanks in advance ;)
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
Re: Aw..........its getting there at last
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 00:02:20 »
 :D  Have a wonderful time keeping an eye on your new pond. They create many excuses for looking out the window at every hour.  Have you gone wading yet?
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

star

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 00:10:10 »
Haha.....you really want me to don't you!! I'll let you into a secret, just between you and me. My washing line is VERY close to the new pond. I may not let anyone know that I misjudged and sat in it by mistake ;D ;D ;D after tripping backwards over the edging ::)

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 00:59:24 »
Almost not funny, Star. Glad you didn't get hurt.
I like my husband to be around when i clean out the pond in case I slip on the slippery sides and bottom- it would be too easy to hit my head on the rocks and go under and not come up for air! ::)
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

star

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 20:08:47 »
Sorry GA, it hasn't happened .........yet. And I have never tripped over the wooden path edging, I can just imagine that now there will be water behind me it will only be a matter of time...... ::) :-\

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 20:38:42 »
so happy you have your pond at last ;D don,t know about sticklebacks so cannot help you there :-\ have you got a shallow bit for the hedgehogs to drink from and for the birds to splash in I love watching them do that
can,t wait for the piccies
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal