Author Topic: MY EBAY  (Read 2302 times)

betula

• Hectare
MY EBAY
« on: March 21, 2008, 16:45:48 »
Has anyone else got problems with their my eBay.I am finding it has to constantly be refreshed,sometimes going back a couple of pages and finding it hard to leave feedback ???

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
Re: MY EBAY
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 17:01:30 »
Ebay seemed impossibly slow this morning, could be loads of people trading on their day off??? ???
The Tuscan Beaneater

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 17:06:26 »
this has been happening for a few days now and only on the my eBay section.

Uncle Joshua

• Hectare
    • nikkershaw.net
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 17:21:28 »
Its the same for me.

rentawreck

• Quarter Acre
  • Welcome to my Patio Allotment
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 20:00:23 »
I have notices that many of the pages have changed (the logon for a start).   Often this is termed an upgrade but the problem is that the new pages often require more computing power to download/display as we strive to improve the technology.

Questions I would  ask is which version of Windows and/or browser are you running and what kind of connection/download speed do you have.

It will undoubtedly get more problematic for those with Windows 98 and running IE 4 than those running Vista with IE 7.   Same with download.   Dialup is now a disaster for those contemplating regular jumps into cyber space but it can be difficult for those on broadband that live out in the country as connection speed speed slows the further from the telephone exchange you are.

In brief I think that Ebay is currently going through what is best described as an upgrade.   Whilst this may be all well and good for new computer models it may not help the rest of us!   In addition there may well be times when parts of their system is shut down to implement the changes.   This can cause strain on the rest of their system.

I have noticed changes (like the logon screen is totally different and my bids displaying in the home page).   I have also on occasions recently been unable to move to the next page resulting in me abandoned Ebay that day altogether.   However this has always been short term and short lived.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 20:38:35 »
Thanks  ;D ;D

bluebedouin

• Quarter Acre
    • The Friendliest Auction Site On Earth !
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 00:01:54 »
You could always log in to My eBid instead! ;D

dtw

• Hectare
  • What grows, You decide!
    • Classic & Cheesy TV adverts and other funny stuff
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 12:37:59 »
Is it still full of dodgy people who got booted off ebay for selling fake handbags etc?   ::)

bluebedouin

• Quarter Acre
    • The Friendliest Auction Site On Earth !
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2008, 21:59:16 »
Is it still full of dodgy people who got booted off ebay for selling fake handbags etc?   ::)
I don't think any auction site has ever been full of dodgy people selling fakes.There are scammers trying it on on every site,eBid remove them as soon as they're made aware of them.Why not go & take a look,you could be in for a pleasant surprise! :)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal