Author Topic: The evil weed has been defeated!  (Read 3755 times)

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
Re: The evil weed has been defeated!
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2008, 13:31:06 »
I am a smoker and could I just say it does not encourage me to give up being told I stink.

Too many ex smokers smell of burning martyr.

Couldn't agree more.  Every time my mother has given up she's turned into Joan of Arc!!!!!  ;D
What I lack in ability and experience, I make up for in sheer enthusiasm!!!

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2008, 14:33:09 »
I have to disagree, I did smoke many years ago and the subject of odour came up in a conversation, many folks said to the smokers you stink which I thought was rude, others said they didn't, I was concerned about this and I asked a gentleman who I had the highest respect for to tell me if I smelled, he did not want to answer but I pressed him, finally under pressure and very poiltely he told me that I did. Coming from anyone else I would have been offended but this was  super super kind sweet person whose opinion I respected enormously.
He was very uncomfortable being pressed but was known not to lie.

That was enough for me and I stopped right then, personally I was mortified and it bothered me so much it was all I needed to kick it. Up to that miment I figured it was not true and something that non smokers said to prove their point.

However I don't think this is the reason for stopping, to me it would be the health risks now, and that is something that everyone has to judge for themselves.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2008, 17:53:57 »
think i was too squiffy to think how they tasted  :P

had a lot going on in the past few months and think that's a contributory factor in the lack of energy - i'm just pooped ! 

will go to quack's and tell him i've had the last 5 months off sick with stress and anxiety and he'll wonder wtf i'm talking about !  (my mum and dad's gp signed me off - and my own know nothing about it lol).

just done a couple of hours in the garden and getting into it again, so with a bit of luck and some constant sunshine, i'll be able to concentrate on nicer things shortly.

;D
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

Bill Door

• Acre
  • Calne Wilts The builders put down clayish soil
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2008, 20:20:40 »
I gave up twenty years ago after two failed attempts.  The thing that kept coming back to me was that I had done two weeks or three weeks and I could do it again easy-peasy.  The third time I just ignored those thoughts and they went away after 3 months.

It was hard and sometimes I smell Gold block being smoked and I think about it but ignore it again.

Good luck to all of those giving up and if at first you don't succeed try try again.  it is worth it.

To those that enjoy smoking all I will say is that trying and failing is ok.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal