Author Topic: The evil weed has been defeated!  (Read 3792 times)

gunnerbee

• Hectare
Re: The evil weed has been defeated!
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2008, 23:27:13 »
well done, 7 days is great! how are you feeling?

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2008, 09:28:33 »
Not too bad.  Still getting the odd craving and had a dream last night that I smoked 10 in a row!  Funnily enough I didn't wake up craving one lol.  Only thing that's really getting on my nerves is I'm waking up every hour on the hour at the moment - I'm limited to what I can use to help me sleep as well because I'm allergic to stuff with valerian in it and I'm allergic to lavender!  Ah well, no doubt it'll settle down eventually.
What I lack in ability and experience, I make up for in sheer enthusiasm!!!

gunnerbee

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2008, 10:05:48 »
i had lack of sleep, but bear with it, it passes!

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2008, 10:31:23 »
GunnerB, I can relate to you - if I don't drink, I don't smoke - never been so sober in my life ::)  The Chancellor's a double loser ;D

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2008, 15:47:20 »
i've had a roughish couple of days, those being my first back to work after being down south.

4am i was up this morning !  and have felt cream crackered all day.  I'm also ravenous and am currently eating a tin of sweetcorn mixed with tuna ..... feel like i'm pregant - just stuffing food in - ANYTHING !

was on my way to the shed a little while ago and looked lovingly at some wet dog-ends sitting floating in the OH's ash tray outside! I resisted lmao

8)
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2008, 16:51:17 »
I can sympathise MrsKP.  I found an odd rollie earlier on in a drawer and the temptation was horrendous!!!!! But resist I did.  Was lucky really, the hypnotherapist I used put in suggestions to combat the whole overeating thing as well, so not really had that problem.  On a good note, I've managed to reduce my polo intake from 4 packets a day to 3 rofl  ;D ;D ;D

gunnerbee

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2008, 19:20:30 »
those sugar free polos dont half make me go!
id rather fishermans friends!

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2008, 20:38:17 »
I've just discovered the downside to sugar free polo's.....even the dog won't come near me!! lol  Apparently it's the Sorbitol in them, so I'm told.  Full fat polo's for me from now on!  ;D ;D

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2008, 06:37:43 »
I feel a bit more in control this morning, nowhere near as manic!  Managed to stay in bed until about 10 mins ago and had plenty of sleep last night so hopefully i'll get through the day without nodding off !

growing a third head by my nose though ........... the toxins are doing a pretty convincing job that i need them.   ;D
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

sarah

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2008, 07:59:48 »
youre all doing really well. keep it up. this really is the toughest part but you can do it. keep posting here for moral support.  when you find an old roll up chuck it in the bin. when you get a craving just distract yourself. good luck guys. :-*

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2008, 08:03:14 »
I reckon the first 3 weeks are the worst. After that, even if you get the odd craving, the smell of smokers is all you need - suddenly they begin to smell absolutely disgusting!!

Watch out for excess of sorbitol - it's a laxative. ;D ;D

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2008, 09:00:53 »
Watch out for excess of sorbitol - it's a laxative. ;D ;D

rofl yep it sure is! Evil stuff!

Actually had an ok night's sleep last night, only woke once so that's good.  My skin's not great so can sympathise MrsKP - but hey it'll all be worth it when we've knocked 10 years off!!! Pah who needs Oil of Ulay (it's Ulay, I will not call it Olay!!!)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2008, 10:39:26 »
Keep going gals you are doing smashing, I really take my hat off to you. Buy yourselves a speacial treat with the money you have saved since stopping, something frivolous...........better than it going up in smoke.

Go go, go, we are all still here cheering you on..can you just see me in my wee short skirt waving my pop poms.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

sarah

• Hectare
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2008, 10:52:27 »
hee hee (picturing jeannine waving her pom poms  :D). I agree that is is definately a good idea to treat yourself with the money you have saved so far. it reinforces in your mind the benefit of what you are doing. make it something for yourself that you would not normally buy because it seems extravagent. keep it up. ;D

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2008, 19:25:06 »
Went out last night, was doing really well all night, until me and my best mate had a huge bust up (for the life of me I have no idea what over and neither does she?!).  Then I had 1 puff from a friends cigarette.  BUT it was 1 puff not 1 cigarette, it didn't make me feel better, it tasted absolutely disgusting even through the vodka haze and I've not wanted one since.  Yesterday was a horrendous craving day and I'd got really really ratty all day, so I'm guessing that didn't help.  It was unfortunate that I had to go out (sister-in-law's birthday) but all in all I guess I didn't do too badly.  :-\

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2008, 19:49:42 »
Posie it's just a wee hiccup on the way to f*g free heaven. Don't let it get you down. You're doing great!

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2008, 23:25:01 »
Well done Posie.I am sure you have come this far and will succeed.Keep it up.

I am a smoker and could I just say it does not encourage me to give up being told I stink.

Too many ex smokers smell of burning martyr.

aromatic

• Half Acre
  • Lavender flowers yield abundant nectar
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2008, 01:39:52 »
 ;D  WELL DONE Posie and Mrs KP ... Please keep up the good work!! It will be worth it I promise!! I was a smoker of many years... and eventually due to my asthma problems and ill health at the time had to give up smoking... to be honest I was ready to give up smoking, I was feeling so ill and finding breathing so difficult I knew my smoking days were over. I managed to defeat the evil weed through a scheme at my doctors surgery where they provided patches or whatever aid was available and suitable and set up a no smoking clinic. And with the aid of patches and a fantastic nurse (who was previously a smoker herself) managed to be rid of the cigarettes!! I have to say I did the polo thing and other mints and ended up with not only putting on weight but quite a few increased visits to the dentist as these mints are really bad for the teeth!! So I do advise you to find another way of 'munching' maybe fruit or chewing gum?
Posie and Mrs KP take each day as it comes and it does get much easier...!! I used to get up in the mornings and the first thing I did was get a coffee and have a ciggie... Now I am quite content with a cup of coffee or tea and I just never ever think of cigarettes. Its seems incredible really considering how addicted to cigarettes I was, but I am so glad to be rid of it... it saves a LOT of money, its healthier, your breath is nicer,  and you don't smell anymore. I had no idea I smelt so much... its only now as a non smoker I can smell a smoker a mile off!!!  Save all the money you would have spent on the weed and put it towards something you would really like.. This is important!! and not only will you have a fantastic treat with the money you have saved... you will feel 'free' again.... No having to find places to have a smoke... no making sure you don't run out of smokes... non of that... just pure freedom and just watch how much quicker you will be digging that allotment!!! All the best Posie and Mrs KP xxxxx

Understand that withdrawal symptoms are temporary - they're healthy signs that your body is repairing itself from its long exposure to nicotine

« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 01:46:00 by aromatic »
God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done.  ~Author Unknown

Love aromatic xxx

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2008, 08:14:50 »
hi folks, back from a lovely couple of days in Perthshire where I slid off the wagon and had 2 fags more or less back to back on Saturday afternoon when I was very squiffy and told myself i was smoking them to prove a point !  don't actually know what the point was now but think it did the trick as I  felt quite disappointed with myself on sunday morning when i woke up,  BUT didn't want one ALL DAY and felt more relaxed about things.

Mind you, it was non-stop eating all weekend so that's got to slow down this week otherwise I'll burst !

Am really tired a lot of the time though.  Don't know if it's connected. 

The sun's out ............ it's going to be a good week !

;D

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2008, 13:28:20 »
had 2 fags more or less back to back on Saturday afternoon when I was very squiffy and told myself i was smoking them to prove a point ! 

Am really tired a lot of the time though.  Don't know if it's connected. 

And didn't they taste vile?!  Don't worry, just climb back on that wagon!  You shouldn't be feeling tired all the time though, although I have to say it took a week for my sleep pattern to get back on track, but now I'm up, coffee and then off I go, previously it would have been several coffees/fags and at least 2 hours to get going.  Might be worth seeing you GP MrsKP if your energy levels don't go up  ???

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal