Author Topic: TESCO - I'm fuming!  (Read 5980 times)

debster

• Hectare
Re: TESCO - I'm fuming!
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2008, 21:19:41 »
i used to work for woolworths and we once had a man return a tube of super glue because it had set in the tube he did admit to having bought it over a year before the manager offered him half the money he kicked off and for the good name of the store he was given the full money. another lady came in whos dad had died and she tried to get a refund on a pair of laces that she had found in his drawer sadly though it was one from a twin pack otherwise it would have been refunded.

tesco is large enough to have absorbed the cost of a pot of cream for goodness sake they could have said look we cant do anything with it you keep it get a larger one and pay the difference its no skin off their nose for goodness sake

Old bird

• Hectare
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2008, 11:06:15 »
I think you are missing the point Debster and a few others!  Certainly complain all you like but the point is not the cost of the cream but the fact that had they refunded in the first place, the very strict rules that are in force and obviously are adhered to would be breached.  What is to stop me, you and everyone else doing the same?  I know cream doesn't cost much - but then why try to return it in the first place?

I think just because Tesco's makes a ginormous amount of profit is not a justification for them to have to pay for their customers' ignorance just to keep everyone happy.  In the end the customer pays whatever!

I don't have a problem with Tesco making a huge amount of money - I don't have shares in it!  They employ thousands of people - if they were so awful as to not to re-imburse everyone over a pot of mis purchased cream they wouldn't have the customers or the staff for us to complain about and they wouldn't exist!

I still say Life is too short to worry about insignificant things worry about the bigger picture, there is a whole world out there beyond a small pot of cream.

Jeanine you obviously hadn't read my letter properly I do say that I  definitely support complaining and goint to the top  about issues slightly less trivial than a small pot of cream.  So no need for the swearing - it isn't worth you getting so upset over something so trivial.

Old Bird

:o

Old Bird

Old bird

• Hectare
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2008, 11:26:07 »
APOLOGIES to Jeanine it wasn't you that cursed at me it was Trixiebelle! I was on the wrong line!

Old Bird ::)

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2008, 12:09:23 »
(Jeannine's swear-words? They're a hoot ;D....there's a thread somewhere abt what she can/can't force herself to say ::)).....

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2008, 13:07:13 »
(Jeannine's swear-words? They're a hoot ;D....there's a thread somewhere abt what she can/can't force herself to say ::)).....

I believe you are referring to this thread.
http://www.allotments4all.co.uk/smf/index.php/topic,29525.0.html

Old bird

• Hectare
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2008, 14:23:57 »
Brilliant - made me chuckle!

;D

ThomsonAS

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2008, 23:48:49 »
I've found this thread brilliant to read - people with different perspectives and opinions exchanging views pretty robustly and defending them without descending into personal abuse and point-scoring.

If only this could be replicated in bigger areas of public policy!

Much of the work I do outside my allotment is in the opinion shaping/sharing world and I would welcome folks' observations about why it is we can have a spirited and serious discussion about supermarkets' returns policies but would probably fail to do so were we to discuss the nationalisation of Northern Rock (and NO, I don't want to hear your take on this!)   

For what it's worth my take is:

Nobody makes you shop anywhere
If you choose to shop somewhere, you do so on the shop's terms.
Rational retailers want to keep you contibuting to their profits forever rather than scoring quick wins
Company policies have to balance doing the right thing for good customers against being abused by customer scammers (M&S used to have a ridiculously relaxed returns policy).
Junior staff get things wrong - and sometimes managers or supervisors need to stand with their staff's decisions when things get confrontational  even when they really don't give a toss. Lines get drawn.

Time to move on perhaps?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal