Author Topic: Man-flu  (Read 1448 times)

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
Man-flu
« on: February 16, 2008, 05:06:07 »
I have just returned yesterday from working away the past 2 weeks. Now got man flu. Sinuses flooding, muscle aches, photophobic, feeling lethargic etc etc.

All you women who complain about the pain of giving birth.... you don't know the meaning of the word pain until you have had man-flu.      Ain't that right fellas ;D ;D ;D
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
Re: Man-flu
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 09:28:08 »
Agreed,they are lucky they don't get it that's all i can say!. ;D ;D

silverbirch

• Acre
  • My body is a temple - but so is the acropolis.
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 09:47:15 »
Oh, how true.  They don't know they're born.

Over the years, I have discovered a treatment for said debilitating illness.

1) Bed on settee.
2) 1 copy of "Beano" comic or similar.
3) 1 bottle of Lucozade
4) Regular intake of hot honey, lemon and whisky
5) Lightly boiled smoked haddock for dinner

This is the difficult bit

6) A wife who can lay her hand on your fevered brow and say "How are you feeling?" so you can be very brave and reply "I'm a little bit better, thank you" in a small voice.

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 09:55:17 »

6) A wife who can lay her hand on your fevered brow and say "How are you feeling?" so you can be very brave and reply "I'm a little bit better, thank you" in a small voice.

What you don't see is her walk away rolling her eyes and snorting with derision, "big baby"....
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 09:59:59 »

;D  ;D  ;D

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 20:47:14 »
I'm with KT I hava a touch of man flu myself, now wheres she gone with my hot water bottle.  ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008, 21:01:39 »
She's the Dutiful Wife is wot.....Not for U is she gonna re-use possibly contaminated water in your hottie......she's gonna fetch some more.....tis a 6 mile hike in 20+ degrees over rough and hostile terrain........and she may be some time....

Poor, poor you..... :'(

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2008, 23:12:33 »
Man -flu. is that the one that turns grown men into babies who expect wives to be Mother's. Cured by boiled eggs and soldiers in bed, followed by Beano and Dandy and Smarties, I usually get him a new coluring book and crayons too. Two days of this treatment while holding the hottie bottle with rabbit ears and they are ready to tell all who will listen about their near death experince.

Aw bless...............
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 20:20:22 »
 ???

Right then. Just had the female equivalent of man-flu for two days.

Today I have walked about 5 miles, cooked lamb for 3, dealt with banks, and cleaned the house.

Now I have a large whisky in front of me and am whimpering gently.

How come man-flu lasts for about a week?!!

:-X

morton

• Half Acre
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 20:39:04 »
???

Right then. Just had the female equivalent of man-flu for two days.

As you said Katy you only had the female equivalent. Now if you'd had real man-flu....................

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 20:39:24 »
ok guys i understand this man flu thing but just be thank ful you are not married to a nurse like my hubby is they see straight through it. because i am so used to seeing very sick people he has to be terribly ill to even get a little sympathy  ;)

mind you the time he was really ill he didnt believe me at first but certainly benefited from the ministerings of a true nurse bless him :-*

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2008, 19:21:57 »
Struggled through the weekend with manflu, :'( made a few tips to the lottie to sweat it out, recouping on the settee now, how long does it take to open a bottle of lucosade, tell you what it would be quicker to do it myself for gods sake.  ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal