Author Topic: Windy day out  (Read 1337 times)

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
Windy day out
« on: July 08, 2004, 12:54:18 »
We went to windsor on a pre arranged trip yesterday. We saw twice as much as we would have done,by being blown around everywhere. ;D ;D.We went on a 2hr boat trip mad or what. ::)
So many trees were blown over and we actually saw one blown down the noise it made,it was a lovely weeping willow.
The wind was horrendous.When we got off the boat we thought lets have a nice hot coffee and a cake,it cost us £10-50p :o   that will teach me a lesson ,diabetics shouldent have cake so i got my
comeuppance dident i. I hope all your gardens are not to badly damaged.My delphiniums are all broken,so i shall cut them and make a nice arrangement for indoors, trouble is they are very messy when they start to go over ,OH who cares. Cheers Rosebud.

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
Re:Windy day out
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2004, 12:55:23 »
Goodness knows what happened there.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plocket

• Hectare
  • Clematis Crystal Fountain
    • Plocket's Clematis Site
Re:Windy day out
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2004, 14:02:25 »
Perhaps the wind blew you off course!!

Sounds as though you had a lovely time Rosebud - despite the rip-off tea and cake. You were mighty brave going out in a boat in this weather. You could have ended up out at sea!
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal