Author Topic: Christmas in Trixieworld 2007! (May contain Swearing!)  (Read 12840 times)

sarah

• Hectare
Re: Christmas in Trixieworld 2007! (May contain Swearing!)
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2007, 20:37:33 »
oh my gawd, what a larf. ;D

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2007, 20:38:34 »
Well I just read this out loud to John, he is now choking on his tea, he is making voice noises so I think he will live,

Trixie I thought nothing could even remotely top some of the Christmas days we have had, like the one when  Dad took an old woman in at the door who was knocking on all the doors to say Merry Christmas, daft as a brush Dad asked her why she did it...........she explained she hadn't got a soul in the world, it was only later that we found she went home with more than we gave her that we realised she was con,she was caught however cos she made the mistake of knocking on my door further down the road in the same village on Boxing Day.

Trix even that pales next to your adventures with you priceless rellies. Will you please tell us the tale about when Daisy finally does tell you Mum about the new arrival.

I shall look forward to new Years Eve and in fact I think you should keep this one open and add to it as the year progresses, finishing with next Christmas day for comparison.

Whever I feel sorry for myself as I shall look for the Trixie page and know I will snap out of it.

Bless you my love and Alfie too..oh what the heck all of em, Happy new Year XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
  • You looking at me? Huh?
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2007, 20:40:37 »
CAROL!!!!

Nobody leads a dull life! It's just how you look at it  :)

Trix XX
The Devil Invented Dandelions!

RobinOfTheHood

• Hectare
  • South Yorks
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2007, 20:41:34 »
Brilliant Trixiebell....thanks for that.   ;D

Ours was sorta similar but diluted.     :)
I hoe, I hoe, then off to work I go.

http://tapnewswire.com/

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2007, 20:46:58 »
Thanks Jeannine! Me & Alf are waiting for a Chinese meal  ;D

There's nothing like monosodiumglutomate to fuel a lovely evening  ;D

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2007, 21:08:05 »
god, I thought we had a mad time..and next year, you'll do it all again  ;D
by the way, there's 14 of us, will we all fit  ;D

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2007, 21:27:04 »
Now that's that's a jolly good idea, Christmas  with Trixie and her rellies, hey I could go for that, I could wear my net frock, my dead fur thingy that Mum used to pop round her neck that has been packed away for decades and my silver sandals and John could wear the 1940 top hat and tails he wear on Halloween, we are couth, we will fit in.Don't worry about diluting the gin, I prefer Brasso and lime anyway. I can do a good turn if called upon. My acrobat days might be over but my tap shoes still fit.... " On the Good Ship..."

Gosh I must stop, I am coming over all 'oh be joyful'

I don't need a gilded invite

xx jEANNINE
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2007, 21:28:18 »
There used to be at least 12 of us every year, highly stressed - extended family and all that - we are down to three, and we now really value our QUIET Christmases.

BTW Trixie - it's me that drinks the gin - slows down my reading ... ...  ;) ;) ;)
The Tuscan Beaneater

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2007, 21:32:30 »
Trixie - we're coming to yours for next Christmas. Eastenders has nothing on you! At least you can laugh! O x

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2007, 21:39:24 »
ALL WELCOME   ;D

NOBODY KNOWS WHERE I LIVE  ;D

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2007, 21:59:21 »
OH yes I do !!

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2007, 22:01:43 »
You offered, Trixie! I'm going to sort out the Teepee that sleeps 6 people - Trixie, can you work out where it should go please?!?! Room for 3 more, guys!

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2007, 22:23:32 »
I thought my old pa-in-law could keep the attention of an audience with his stories but blimey you could beat him hands down. I would sit and listen to him and tears would roll down my face, have just done the same reading your story. Won't Alfie have some tales to tell to his children!!

BTW I drive a Ford Mondeo Estate sorry :'( plenty of room for the mad dog and I think my mechanic Grandson must have given it extra poke It can really go or maybe it's cos I am getting old ;D ;D ;D.

Happy New Year.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2007, 23:23:15 »
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhaahahahahahahahaha.Would love to have been a fly on the wall. (possibly not for the pukey bits though :-X)
Save a space for me in the teepee Ollie, I'll bring the gin ;)

Smile, it confuses people.

bupster

• Hectare
    • Plot Holes
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2007, 23:24:39 »
Genius. We are not worthy. I spent a very quiet Christmas with my father in Sheffield, crying with laughter over the disappearance of our friend's Morrisons' shopping trolley (he was convinced my dad had spent the previous 24 hours disguised as a red mullet on the fish counter in order to nick it - I had visions of it making its way to his house on Christmas day, nosing against the front window where it could see all the presents and the food in the warm)... nothing as glorious as yours though. You do have an enormous talent, trix.  :)
For myself I am an optimist - it does not seem to be much use being anything else.

http://www.plotholes.blogspot.com

djbrenton

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2007, 23:36:46 »
Chez Brenton we had a gloriously quiet Christmas Day thanks to daughter no. 1 being in Morocco or Spain backpacking and son no 1 having Christmas day at his own home. Boxing Day was, for use, the extended family day. Son had me arrange a table for 14 at the Crown Plaza in Nottingham for me, Mrs. DJB, daughter no. 2, son, daughter in law, her mum, auntie and uncle and her barking mad grandparents, all from up north somewhere. We had arranged to meet at 12 which was, as it turned out, when the phone calls for further directions started. The various parties were, at all times, within 200 yds of the hotel but lost. Repeated simple directions failed to get any of the participants there so eventually I asked three of the parties what they could see, instructed them to stop where they were and trudged around Notiingham in brand new stiff shoes rounding them up into a convoy.
Dinner was uneventful and the food was excellent. Her mad grandparents then took charge of after-dinner entertainment which is apparently traditional. The 'highlight' of which was the Christmas lucky dip. Lucky dip, is easy to organise. All you do is have various presents in a bag and you take one out at random, but mad grandma has a far more tortuous method. She has an advent calender with just numbers 1-14 left and you rip one off then get the corresponding present. How much more fun is that eh? I got the star prize, a can of Murphies. Others got pens from the bookies , chipped mugs and a two year old box of chocolates. The really sad thing is that after two bottles of wine I really enjoyed myself. Roll on next Christmas.

Amazin

• Hectare
  • N W London
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2007, 00:41:32 »
 ;D ;D ;D

Excellent, DJB! Are you taking bookings for 2008?
Lesson for life:
1. Breathe in     2. Breathe out     3. Repeat

Lindsay

• Acre
  • Near Avignon, France
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2007, 08:31:40 »
Brilliant Trixiebelle - I wish I could recount stories like that!  Our Christmas/New Year always has something go wrong (thanks to the inlaws) - but I could never manage to write it down in the same way. What a talent  ;D

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
  • Dark Side Of The Rhubarb
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2007, 08:41:34 »
Great News TB! The Farrelly Brothers have agreed to direct the movie! We've got Sandra Bullock as you, and it's a fight between Barbra Streisand and Meryl Streep for your Mum. Ben Stiller wants in, so long as there's a Zipper Related Incident, and Jonathon Richman's going to wander about Hope Valley singing "There's Something About Trixie"  ;D

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2007, 08:47:21 »
 ;D ;D ;D at The Christmas Tale and the comments. Loved it all 8)

Jeannine, that fur thingy's called a tippet - believe they're coming back into fashion so get it out of the mothballs. Is your mum's the sort that has a fox's head one end and its feet the other? Smart or wot!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal