Author Topic: The dreaded lurgy  (Read 1485 times)

ACE

• Hectare
The dreaded lurgy
« on: December 28, 2007, 21:16:40 »
What an awful thing to happen, when you are on holiday, we all went down with the most rotten cold I have ever known, It might even be flu. I still feel really groggy even back in the relative warmth of Blighty. With highs of -1% and dropping to 6 or 7 below at night  the last few days have not been the best.

Still looking on the bright side we are all a few lbs lighter after losing our appetites and having to climb 6 stories of stairs every time we went out. 214 steps, and no lifts working.

I'm still on central european time, so I'm off to bed.

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
Re: The dreaded lurgy
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 10:28:31 »
Sorry to hear you didn't have a better time Ace. I know you were looking forward to going away! Flying with blocked ears is one of the most unpleasant sensations too!

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 10:45:53 »
Really sorry to hear about your colds/flu. There has been so much flu like colds going around. I had one cold on top of another but luckily almost clear by Christmas. Hope you all soon feel better. Happy New Year.
Lorna

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 12:12:36 »
and having to climb 6 stories of stairs every time we went out. 214 steps, and no lifts working.

Oh Bugga!....and you with your gammy leg anorl..   :(

"It might even be flu".....no doubt about it ACE....men don't get colds ;D

flowerofshona2007

• Hectare
  • Flowerofshona
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2007, 12:42:42 »
Aw shame about your holiday hun  :-\
Both hubby and me have had the bug here and still dont feel to good, guess we just have to wait for it to clear (((((((((((hugs)))))))))))) for all in need xxx

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2007, 13:26:42 »
...most people i know seam to be down with something at the moment.

Sorry to hear its spoilt your holiday its a shame, hope your feeling better soon.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2007, 13:51:20 »
Liberal doses of beechams and hot mead have driven away the stuffiness, but the hacking couch is starting to hurt, my wife reckons it is withdrawal symptons after being deprived of  my trusty zippo lighter at  airport security,  She says it is an omen and as I have not been able to smoke for a few days I should take the pledge.

If she takes down the chandeliers, she has a deal. Flouncing around in her new swarovski dangly earings should compensate for the loss.

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2007, 14:09:30 »
Ace what a great idea!! quitting smoking will make a massive difference to the quality of your life.

I worked in call centres and when i was ill i found warmed '7up' on its own or with ribena helped.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2007, 14:43:06 »
It will make no difference at all to the quality of my life, It might give me a few extra years, sod that!  A great selling point this no smoking lark, Give it up and be able to dribble for longer in an old peoples home, Thanks, but no thanks.  You stick with your warm E numbers, I'll kill my self my way.

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2007, 14:53:51 »
There is merit in what you said :)

Still i would save the money the fags would have cost and hire a handsome hit man :) and live life to the full till then.

Tin Shed

• Hectare
  • South Essex
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2007, 17:58:45 »
Oh, Ace, I'm so sorry to hear about your holiday that wasn't.
 I had noticed that there was an ominous silence from you, but thought you might be being held hostage in a chandelier factory or had fallen into a snow drift - but had not thought that the dreaded lurgy was the reason. 
Rest and fluids are prescribed!

greenscrump

• Acre
  • Rye, East Sussex
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2007, 20:22:16 »
Hope you're all feeling better Ace - there are lots of really nasty bugs about at the mo. Maybe the frosts will kill them off??  What do you biology literate peeps think  ???

calendula

• Hectare
  • learn to love your weeds (saddleworth)
    • homeopathy
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2007, 15:25:18 »
Maybe the frosts will kill them off??  What do you biology literate peeps think  ???

lower light levels, ridiculous central heating highs and lows, stress of 'you know what' + a possible genetically engineered programme that allows for a nasty acute to come at least once a year to provide with some kind of immunity (which it would if we were collectively healthier in the first place)  ::)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal