Author Topic: IT'S MAKE YOUR MIND UP TIME?  (Read 10744 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: IT'S MAKE YOUR MIND UP TIME?
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2007, 01:30:53 »
Actually I think the drag is caused by all the tall tomatoes that are growing on roof top gardens, that plus the flags that fly from them too, nowt to do with tall buildings

Perhaps there should be law that only determinate bush toms are allowed to grow over a certain height of building in ana effort to help the world crisis (S)

Maybe we should start a petition!!

Certainly we should ban NUT trees up there.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2007, 02:59:59 »
Okay John if you would like serious answers then firstly your earth flip theory:

The evolution of the obliquity (the angle between the axis of rotation and the orbital plane) is caused by the tidal effects of the Sun and of the other planets (that is the outside force).

Earth would have suffered however our large Moon carries a lot of rotational inertia and has kept us from tilting any more than we have. The Moon's tidal effect on Earth is more than double that of the Sun which cancels out the suns effect.

The paper cited below explains how this happens. It is not written in simple terms but it is understandable if you take the time (and it shows that the topic has been studied).

Laskar, J.L. and Robutel, P (Bureau des longitudes): The chaotic obliquity of the planets (nature 361, pp.608-612, 18 February 1993)

-------------------------------------------------------
Now for the second question Eristic has already answered it by pointing out the earth is spinning in a vacuum therefore skyscrapers will not make a difference.

If you would like to know more about the phenomenon of wind  so you can sound like you know what you are talking about then I will get you started by explaining how it is created:

It's common to say that hot air rises and cold air rushes in to take it's place. This implies the hot air rises by itself creating a vacuum that sucks the cold air in. Actually, though, what's happening is the opposite: cooler air is denser and therefore weighs more per unit volume. It exerts more pressure in all directions and squeezes the less dense, warmer air up to higher altitudes by the force of buoyancy. The movement of the cooler, denser, higher pressure air into the lower pressure zones is wind. It's more comprehensive to understand wind as caused both by the sun and by gravity.
The rotation of the earth adds an extra twist to the general phenomenon of high pressure air moving toward the equator displacing low pressure air toward the poles.

However based on your comments on the environment site I am sure you will say this is rubbish as you don't believe the equator exists therefore it can't possibly have an effect on how wind is created.

Coincidentally the world is not spherical it has been clearly demonstrated by Terry Pratchett that the world is flat and travels through space on the backs of four elephants that stand on the back of a giant turtle as shown in this picture.

Calendula I don't celebrate christmas if Jesus's birthday can be moved from August to December just to try & eradicate pagan traditions then it is obviously not that important if you meant the idea of St Nicholas then that was traditionally about giving to those who needed help not about buying the latest games console for your kids so not worth celebrating either as the meaning has changed too much.
The only thing I celebrated on December 25 was my wifes birthday as it is more than my life's worth to forget it.

marestail murderer

• Half Acre
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2007, 04:38:41 »
omg...........thish is gerrin tooo technicaly for me (.hic.)
so..............wind isnt caused by sprouts?????
and if the world is spinning in a vaccum...........is it time to empty the dyson...........???

and there was i thinking that if i went around putting up canvas sails between all the high rises.....i might just slow down the earth enough to make the weekend last till thursday!

ollie..the barmans busy...but when he comes your way.ill have a tribble rum!

(wanders off to watch re-runs of hitchhikers guide to the galaxy......somthings gotta make sense!.lol)

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2007, 04:57:20 »
If the world was in a dyson it would stop spinning every 6 months when the vacuum broke down.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2007, 07:36:43 »
On a theological point the actual "Birthday" of Christ was far less central than the dating of the death and Ressurection... ie Easter which is why the latter is moveable and the former fixed...
 :)

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2007, 08:02:35 »
There are lots of possible dates for the birth of christ August is popular with the majority of people I have discussed the subject with October is also suggested but all agree it is definitely not December it was moved by Theodosius I in in 391 CE to discourage people from celebrating dies natalis solis invicti.

The actual date could be anywhere between April-October based on the quote “Now there were in the same country shepherds living out in the fields, keeping watch over their flock by night” [Luke 2:8].

Even today in that region it is a common practice by shepherds to leave their flocks out in the warm summer/spring nights between April to October to feed in the green fields. After the month of October they will not leave their sheep out at night, and will lock them inside stables since the winter will be very cold and/or rainy. This itself is supposed to prove that Jesus was born somewhere between April and October when exactly is anyones guess as there is no no specific date mentioned anywhere.

saddad

• Hectare
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2007, 08:38:37 »
exactly.... which is why the date goes unrecorded...
 :)

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
  • Dark Side Of The Rhubarb
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2007, 09:46:28 »
to return to the original theme, which was WAR WAR WAR, JRP may get his wish sooner than he thought. We probably don't have to worry, as I imagine most of Pakistan's nuclear weapons are aimed at India, tho I did hear that at least one of them is aimed at Jim Davidson's house (or has he moved to Dubai?)

JRP

• Acre
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2007, 10:26:34 »
If you bothered to watched the channel 4 TV programme last night at 8pm to do with Britain floods this year, it noted it was caused by the golfstream shifting from north to south, what caused it to do that was explained, but they never mentioned my skyscrapers theory, maybe they had not thought of it in the way that I have, like most of my ideas, which I believe are out side the box way of thinking, enough for some people to think I must be mad, or need medical help. But going by some of the people who do post on here I'm not alone.  ;D
www.recycling.moonfruit.com designed to help save lives. John. J.R.P.

saddad

• Hectare
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2007, 10:38:27 »
I could book a joint appointment with the shrinks....
 :-X

Barnowl

• Hectare
  • getting back to my roots [SW London]
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2007, 11:29:32 »
I assume the golfstream is the annual migration of golfing fanatics from North America to Scotland and Southwest England? And presumably it's the energy waste from their transportation that leaves a trail of warmth behind that allows e.g.  palm trees to grow in Torquay..........

I can see that if their migration pattern altered, perhaps because of fear of terrorists, it might create some severe weather effects.

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2007, 11:30:28 »
it's all that pesky golf stream's fault. What about all those wind farms??? Any fool can that all of them going at the same time's bound to cause hurricanes. It's Madness!!!

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2007, 11:37:43 »
but they never mentioned my skyscrapers theory

Christ alone knows why!

Barnowl

• Hectare
  • getting back to my roots [SW London]
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2007, 12:39:51 »
Probably too highbrow

I'll get me coat .....

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2007, 13:07:44 »
I think JRP deserves some credit he has finally managed to post something without excessive use of the caps key, that is quite an acheivement for him.

I cant comment on the program as yesterday I was busy at 8 & my tv guide didn't mention it, instead the listing for 4 from 19:15 - 21:30 was:
Y Clwb Rygbi Ymunwch a chriw chwaraeon S4C ar gyfer holl gyffro rygbi byw o Barc y Strade wrth i'r Sgarlets fynd ben ben a'r Gweilch yng Nghynghrair Celtaidd Magners, y gic gyntaf am 19.35.

Definitely rugby not golf.

JRP

• Acre
« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2007, 13:34:52 »
I'm sorry I did not notice I spelt GULF STREAM wrong, that's the trouble when you can't spell very well, like me, now I know why I was getting so many stupid answers, that still don't mean, I don't know what I'm talking about.

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2007, 13:55:45 »
You thought "gulf" and "golf" were the same thing, because you have poor spelling skills? I'm sorry, there are plenty of people with appalling spelling who are capable of having a reasonable discussion. You on the other hand, intentionally come out with provocative viewpoints on emotive issues in order to solicit some kind of attention. You're more than happy to upset other people, purely for your own entertainment. So don't try the sympathy card, matey.

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2007, 14:31:37 »
J.R.P normally I would say there's no such thing as a silly question. If you want to know something and can't find the answer for yourself the only way to find out is to ask. However people usually accept the sensible answers, in your case you assume you know the answer & will not even consider the possibility you may be mistaken so is there really any point asking the question in the first place?
Your reactions towards people who point out flaws in any ideas you come up with are not exactly pleasant for the other person.
If we looked at your longstanding 'I can, can you' thread then the idea is not new the ancient Egyptians used containers to cultivate plants which could be transported if needed ultimately that idea resulted in flowerpots. You concentrate specifically on using the system in third world countries where the containers you suggest using are not readily available nor are they designed to withstand the climatic conditions. There is no source of compost available for them to be filled with or if there was they would be using it for planting the crops grown directly in the ground although you almost hit on a good idea once when you suggested using rags soaked in s*hit as a growing medium. The problem with that would be the number of pathogens which would be passed into the foodcrops however if it was composted properly first humanure would work as a growing medium. I suggest you read the humanure handbook to find out how that is done. You also greatly underestimate the problems with obtaining sufficient quantities of water to make the system work.
If you listened to other people you could find solutions to the flaws in your system & would end up with an idea that would actually work and you would have a much higher chance of getting it up & running. Until you start listening to other people you are not going to get any help with your ideas as you have accused everyone who has tried to help you deal with the flaws in your system of putting you down or been abusive towards them which is going to put them off helping you resolve any issues they can see. Instead you will continue to be viewed as an object of ridicule on the internet with a lot of crackpot theories.

JRP

• Acre
« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2007, 14:35:42 »
 I don't need yours or anybody elses SYMPATHY, IT MEANS I'M TRUE TO MY SELF, and that I go through life with nothing to hide. And I don't think taking the p... out of some one you don't know is right either, but it take all sorts, the trouble is there are more people like you, than there are of me.

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2007, 14:41:22 »
the trouble is there are more people like you, than there are of me.

Natural Selection???

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal